1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

early birds or up all nite?

Discussion in 'General' started by Shenanigans, Jan 25, 2013.

1. MadManx

MadManx Retired for 2013-2014

bed at 10:30pm, up at 3:50am

2. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

I've always been an early bird. I start work at 7 am, and my job recently moved 55 miles away (was 12, dammit). So I'm an even earlier bird now. Too bad I fall asleep at 8:30 pm. It's really cutting into my beer drinking time.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

:beer:

4. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

both.

too many irons in the fire.

5. dakh

dakh Well-Known Member

I used to believe 5AM doesn't exist. 1-2AM to bed, up at 8 or 9. Night time is good for getting stuff done, no distractions. Screws me over though every time I need to do something where early birds set the schedule. Like racing.

6. I NEVER sleep at the track, ever. I can't lay in the bed knowing there are motorcycles outside and i get to ride soon. It wasnt so bad when i used to stay in a hotel, but staying at the track, i never sleep.

I normally wake up at 1am pissed off because it is too soon to get up. Then i try to doze off, 2am...repeat. Finally about 3am i get up and get some coffee and go sit on the bike for while, then i start messing with stuff. Then i just sit on the bike while i wait for everybody else to wake up.

I can't remember the last time i wasnt the first one up and messing with stuff in my pit. I have normally been up for a couple of hours and have my bikes and pit all ready to start the first practice before i see anybody else outside. :D There have been a couple of times when i was too excited and couldnt go to sleep the night before, then finally crashed and slept till 4 or 5am, but not many.

7. dakh

dakh Well-Known Member

Good thing you work out a bunch, probably have had some kind of disease by now otherwise from being so wired up all the time.

Me, I can be hung over or not have enough sleep and be more or less functional, but not both. So I need sleep.

8. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Timely thread. I have severe sleep apnea, self diagnosed. I wake up feeling like Ive just been running a marathon, many many times a night. It seems that I finally get some good sleep about 6am til- whenever I get up, which has REALLY messed up my sleep schedule. Sleep apnea contributes to weigh gain, weight gain contribute to sleep apnea. Im hoping by shedding 35lbs or so will help with the apnea. Otherwise I'll be sleeping with a mask soon.

Until last night, I havent been asleep before 3am in weeks. Last night, I took 10mg of melatonin and went to bed at 945. I was asleep by 11, and woke up feeling fresh at 6am. I hope that keeps working, could be a big change for me!

9. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I bet your bed looks similar to this...:D

[​IMG]

10. Oh that is awesome! :crackup:

My bed doesnt look like that now, but it will soon! :D

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I think I got you beat at the final Nashville weekend.

Since I was only racing on Saturday, I got the bright idea that I could save a few bucks and just sleep in the back seat of my Nissan Titan Friday night.

Big mistake.

It was so cramped back there that I woke up at 4am having a claustrophobia attack. I HAD to get out!

So if you ever wondered what the pits look like at 4am:D

[​IMG]

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've slept in the backseat of an F350 a few times while traveling to races across the country. Better than nothing and I was too cheap for a hotel room for only 5 or 6 hours even on the company dime.

13. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

I slept in the backseat of a stationwagon in silverton colorado.

best thing i ever did!

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I "slept" in the back seat of a Dodge Dakota for my first race weekend. That was the last time I didn't stay in a hotel or go back home for the night.

15. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I have a three day weekend. Just got my ass outta bed. :D

I haven't slept this late in a long, long, time.

16. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Slept in Hotel Ford for 3 years!

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh yeah, I did the back of the van or pickup truck thing for many years. Not bad if you set it up right. The back seat thing however.... :eek:

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Who was she? :up:

19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

The problem with my Titan is that it is not the full backseat version.......I've got the shorty version.

Like I said, never again.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, the backseat I spent the night in was also a 2-door truck. I was not interested in renewing that experiment.