I hate liars

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr Sunshine, Dec 8, 2012.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Is that an original "mooneyism"? :crackup:

2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!... WMRRA Takes it to The Beeb!!!

Not.

Helping.

Anyone.

3. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I gotta agree with the One who Knotches. Misconceived thread benefit to cost ratio.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not even sure what the goal of this thread was. Who would have read that press release if it wasn't for this thread?

5. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Wait a minute here....

I want to know more about these here wheels and where I can gets me some... :wow:

6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

:D

You know. But I'm not gonna drag the guy or the product through the mud. Just pointing out that some folks have a tendency to push a product regardless of reality when it suits their purposes. Not saying that's what EDR did here (to hell if I know or care), but I've seen it happen first hand.

7. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

So wait a minute Mr. sunshine on my gee dee'd ass......

You're callin the press release guy out for lying?

Check!

The press release states nothing more than their personal feelings an opinion, at least from the page long PR I read that you quoted, so.....

Check!

I'm no rocket scientist here, but how in the hell can you tell someone they are lying bout THEIR personal opinion and feeling???

You're a tool and should be beat with a Philips Head no smaller than 3' and 1/2" diameter.

8. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

Lack of manufacturer support is nothing new, calling it out is bizarre.

Worse, not naming the manufacturer doesn't allow anyone to even think this through.

Call a guy a liar without even detailing the lie? WTF?

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

you spelled manufacture wrong.:crackup::Poke:

10. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Hey Sunshine why don't you go on the WMRRA forums and spew your shit? Oh yeah, nobody cares there either. :rolleyes:
    You're almost as bad as someone I know on the Spyder Club forum.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid: I wouldn't have.

12. Knotcher

Maybe Sunny and Dorno are actually in biz cahoots... ?

13. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

No he is not. He is an authorized Ohlins Service Center who performs work on behalf of Ohlins (more than just selling Ohlins components). The problem is that the statement of "zero manufacturer" support means that he didn't contact Ohlins to discuss options on whatever issues Mark was having. I know he doesn't work in a vacuum.

There is also another statement in the release that is insulting towards Ohlins. To paraphrase (respecting RRW's policies of not quoting), "to fix the support problem K-Tech is joining the team and they have great technical support."

This is saying Ohlins doesn't have great technical support. While I don't talk to Ohlins directly I get to hear stories of Barry collaborating with Ohlins on issues (such as with my 675R). Companies that don't have even decent technical support don't collaborate with people...they sell the part and go onto the next guy not really caring if the people who are purchasing their parts have whatever issues they have being solved. You don't become a company like Ohlins without great technical support.

The thing that finally broke the camel's back with regards to what Eric says is the following said on a thread about OMRRA looking into the possibly of doing spec tires and spec fuel for one or more of their classes (please don't go on a tangent with this).

"Tires is another disaster. April Pirelli has not won, Alan has! He'd won them all on any brand IMO. Barry those guys you mentioned that switch to Pirelli at clubs are 100% due to fact they get Pirelli for FREE at clubs. I know you know I know that as they're "my riders". I am huge Dunlop fan but I still think the AMA spec Dunlop only is gay. I like to see all brands it adds to thr racing IMO."

(April is Barry's Wife and the business person behind KFG who this past year moved from selling Dunlop race tires to Pirelli race tires. Alan is Alan Schmidt who is OMRRA's #1 plate holder for I think 7 years running...could be longer)

I responded to this attack with:

"Eric I'll remember the next time you say EDR wins again to remind you that EDR didn't do anything...the RIDER did the work. I mean you just said that Pirelli didn't do anything, Alan did so I can say EDR doesn't do a thing, the rider does.

Stop being stupid."

So here we are....whether you agree with my logic on his press release or not there it stands. If people want to call me names its ok...I've grown use to having that sort of power over people.

14. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Yes I did. Sorry I was trying to use a phrase that I guess doesn't just quite fit the situation.

FYI: This is my last reply on this thread. I've said what I wanted to say.

15. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

You really are goofy to think this is a power????

A wise man once said " it is better to keep your mouth shut and let them wonder if you are an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

I hope your employer never decides to see what kind of foolish on-line presents you have....

Good luck

16. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

So the rider wins how many titles on Ohlins...can't get it dialed in (again Ohlins? really?)...so he switches to a different suspension (Ktec)...is that right?
    What extent of factory support were they attempting to get that the local tuners could not handle? Again, this is Ohlins we are talking about right?
    Is EDR an Ohlins service center? If not, is that why the switch to Ktec, which I understand they are a service center for?
    These questions have nothing to do with Sunshine's rant...just trying to understand the purpose behind the PR (EDR ad). Sounds more like an ad for EDR than it does a PR for the rider.
    JMO

17. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

That would be Mark Twain - at least a paraphrase of his quote.

18. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Yall know this is all Mongos' fault, right? :Poke:

19. Knotcher

Please don't go there. It'll ruin any participation by people who work for large employers who could offer assistance for many of us.

Why even drag his employer into this?

20. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Whatever it is one thing is for sure, it is written by EDR :D