1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracking an android phone

Discussion in 'General' started by Fencer, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

What app are you using?

I am going to have to put a tracer on my daughter because she can't seem to remember to tell her parents when she is leaving or still at work.

I need to be able to track her by a web site,

Use a google app or AT&T family locator?

The phone is android 2.3.5

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

no phone, no car, no job...should be easy to keep track of her.

I bet she learns real fast to check in.:D

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

How old is she? I'm a far, far, very far cry from a parent (let alone a responsible one) but that seems heavy-handed.

With that said, Google Latitude is built into Google Maps and will share the device's location with specified users. She'll be able to turn it off, but I'm not aware of any apps that she won't be able to turn off.

I could write you one... ;) But even then she'd be able to uninstall it. You'd have to go to some pretty decent lengths to make it an app she can't uninstall.

4. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

PM'd ya, track her car ;)

5. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

She is 16
    a new driver
    on her first job
    her job is 15 min away, when she is an hour late and not checking in or answering the phone, the parent comes out looking. pleased to find she is still at work and safe.PISSED OFF at the lack of respect shown to her parents when this is not the first time.

You would think an ass chewing less than a week ago would still be fresh.

The car is gone for a while, and she will have to be dependent on her mother to get her around

6. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

When my kid doesn't answer me he loses his phone for a week .

7. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

wheres that get ya, you still arent communicating with him

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

9. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Just throwing this out there (obviously I don't know all of the back story) but most places that a 16 year old would be working at don't allow cell phones to be carried while working and a land line might not be readily available to be able to be used to call home.

10. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Carried - yes, used - no. hence the tracking function

11. papa911

papa911 Well-Known Member

16, with a job, late because STILL AT WORK, and you want to track her? You should be thanking God that you have her and you should have already built up trust with her by now. Don't go backwards. Let her grow.

12. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yeah I'm thinking that her being at work is a good thing. I'd wanna track her if she wasn't at work. At work.....

Well I'm actually just glad I don't have a daughter. Because I know what the hell I was trying to do when I was 16

13. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Trust is fine.

An hour over due and no contact = a missing child

14. papa911

papa911 Well-Known Member

An hour overdue while at work does not =a missing child nor does it warrant tracking. Is she 16 or 6?

15. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

So what are you going to do when she figures it out and just turns the phone off?
    Not only that, latitude emails you every so often to remind you that you've got tracking enabled.

16. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I am guessing you don't understand overdue and no contact MEANS overdue and no contact.

How the hell do I know she is still at work when she is OVERDUE?:Poke:

As a new driver she could be off the road and the route takes her past a quarry with a 100 ft drop.
    But if you are an unconcerned parent, like most are these days, you won't understand.
    If you are here to question my parenting, leave the thread as you have nothing useful to offer.

17. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

the google lattitude looks like the person with the phone would have to send out the location rather than it being automatic, or am I wrong?

18. noobinacan

noobinacan Well-Known Member

I can share how a family friend, controlled a 'out of control' girl...in her teens.
    told her she needed to get her act right or the support goes away.

support as in the $$$.
    if she was late, she didn't get asked for dinner or if she's eaten yet.
    or where she was. when she needed help, he told her, he didn't have time.

after a couple of days, he said to her with a straight face "I'll do this to you rest of your life if you don't listen to me, and kick you out of the house...anyday"

basically, you have to play it right, and intimidate them...they've got to be scared of you.

when they do act right, here's some extra $$ to spend.
    then they get it in their head, be nice and you have family support...when they see that family support, they'll go out of their way to make sure it stays.

with boys its easy- just slap the snot out of em when they screw up. works every time.
    Gee, I was scared shitless of the old man, I knew I'd get the beating of my life if I took the air out of the neighbors car again.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  19. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

She is by no definition "out of control"

20. noobinacan

noobinacan Well-Known Member

...sorry, didn't mean to imply anything.
    but just wanted to share. good'luck.