1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any jet skiers? Who wants to go to the Bahamas?

Discussion in 'General' started by 675AV8R, Aug 2, 2012.

1. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Ok so a few of us from another board I'm on have been watching youtube videos of some of the jet ski trips people have taken from South Florida over to the Bahamas. We're putting together our own trip for Labor Day weekend :D We'll be heading down on Wednesday and Thursday, leave Friday morning, come back Sunday afternoon, head home Monday. We found a rental company that does multi-day rentals and doesn't really care where we go as long as we don't damage the skies.

Open invitation to anyone that might be interested. There's 6 of us that are going so far but anyone is welcome to join us. I'll post up more information for whoever is interested.

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

You better check the weather and have a chase boat.

Crossing the stream is no joke.

3. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

No nav? No radio? No backup?

No way.

4. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

This.

DO NOT do it without a companion boat. Also, leave some wiggle room in your schedule. If it blows up, you won't be making the crossing back on Monday. Best bet is probably Palm Beach/Lake Worth Inlet to West End... but then I've never done Miami to Bimini either.

5. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

I did this a few years ago...Make sure you're prepared. Radio,food, extra gas, first aid etc. Its no joke. Cant stress that enough! Dont count on hard plans either, if the weather shifts you can be in Bimini for longer than you wanted to be. Otherwise it was a blast, we left at sunrise out of Biscayne and landed on Bimini a few LONG hours later. There is a PWC forum that has some good info, Ill see if i can find it.

6. 675AV8R

We'll have all of the above, along with GPS and an EPIRB. We're not just wingin' this.

7. 675AV8R

I found a GREAT list of gear the other day for one of the organized rides but it happened in June so we missed out on it.

8. 675AV8R

This is what we're planning on right now. Bimini doesn't have any rooms available so we switched it to West End and staying in Freeport.

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

You mean a SEADOO Trip....

A real Jet Ski is a Stand Up......
    Do it on one of those.... It will be easier on your Ass!

10. 675AV8R

:crackup: Well if you want to get technical, yes. Obviously my first post was very general :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seadoo is a brand name too. The proper term is personal watercraft :D

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Sea Doo's... Sit Down...Sit and Spins... Basically the No Skills needed to ride Sons of Bitches...:D

13. 675AV8R

It's Seadoos that we're renting, so it works :D

14. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

Sounds like an adventure for sure , a buddy of mine was talking about doing just this at some point. If ya go , please post how it went and pics :beer:

15. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Could you keep going until you reached Europe? :D

16. 675AV8R

Would run out of gas before leaving the Bahamas :crackup:

17. dtalbott

You can make it to the Bahamas on a tank of gas?

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

even mild seas... youre going to get your ass kicked! I made the mistake of ignoring a small craft advisory once... imagine ~20 miles of dirt bike whoops.

19. 675AV8R

Yes. Bimini is about 60 miles, West End is about 70 miles. Most of the larger skis are holding 15+ gallons these days. Haven't found any manufacturer range figures at less than WOT, but nearly every video I've watched has mentioned using only a half tank each way.

20. dtalbott

I never realized it was that close.