Brad Burns- AMA - DQ'd for cheating

Discussion in 'General' started by birdie56, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r677

r677 Active Member

RepurcussiOns? Il Be at vir if you wanna try to beat me down. Just let me set some ground rules. No biting, pullin hair or punching below the belt. Fyi im gona wear my belt around my head. Not cheatin. Just in the grey area. Shoulda really give me any advantage tho. All jokes aside this is why i stay put of theses forums. Got this dam iphone and coulnt help myself. Dammit.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

......with all due respect.

That's super funny, here! :D

3. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

How was this Tech's fault in any way shape or form? I had just yanked a set of tires off and put a new set back on, my mechanic forgot to rewire the pinch bolts and I forgot to check. I take 100% of the blame

5. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

[​IMG]

:rolleyes:
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

There are so man words in this thread. Lots and lots of words.

7. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

750 motor. In a 600 class.

[​IMG]

Not in the pits, on hot pit. i.e. going on-track for the warmup lap.

That's how it's done in the "other" org anyhow.

8. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

big'un is very fast

9. Quicktoy

Try again. I still have the RRW from 2003 where Bemisderfer is standing on the top step of the box with Himmelsbach and Barney placing 2nd and 3rd in the Summit FUSA race on a Honda 600. Timmy looks twice the size of those two. very funny pic. I'd throw up the results link but don't know if I'm allowed to

10. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Timmy has raced 600's and done very well

just not anymore

11. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

he raced a 600 in 07'

I raced against the bike in 08' when greg miller rode it. It was fast!

12. penguinracing

penguinracing Active Member

I can definetly verify Tim B as a great 600 racer. He hassled me at more races at Summit than I can remember. Thank god the straights helped me out!!
    And, there definetly was a 750 engine in a 600 frame at Barber a few years back. My R6 was completely torn down by the AMA(legal Chuck G motor), and that 750/600 was right next to me in tech. The best part was the "racer" telling the AMA his wife put the wrong motor in!!

13. Quicktoy

This happened at Barber AMA as well???? HAHA that is the greatest excuse I've ever heard. I think when Luck was popped at Barber, Dick Suarez from Full Spectrum was there who built Darren's motors and Darren said he didnt know what was done to his motor and that Dick built it. I heard Dick looked at tech and said "Ya, I build his motors but I didnt stuff that 750 motor in there" HAHAHA

14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

it was hilarious as well as sad that Darrin Luck did that.. he's a bit "intense" as a personality, but is actually a pretty cool dude if you get to talk with him one on one. His racing spoke for itself, and he forever was hounded about the 750 thing. When he was spanking us in FL region winning all his classes and #1 plates on a 600gsxr, many brought up the "it's gotta be a 750 in one of those".. but he announced over the PA that anyone that wanted to put up the cash to protest, was welcome.. and he would give them the bike if it was a 750. Still, for all the races he won, his AMA stuff, multiple #1 plates, he will BETTER known for "SEVENFIFTYGATE"..

You can't live that shit down. That is what is interesting about this young fella doing it now. IF he has talent, and potential to "go places" .. he HAS to have heard of Darrin Luck and all the shit he got for doing what he did. I would expect it more from some dickhead running around in the back, not a front runner .

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  15. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Yep turnin 15's too

16. jiggyfly

Like I said.....if the bike was in compliance when you teched it, & some type of maintenance took place that took it out of compliance......then it's your responsibility. Still, with my tech experiences, a fine seems a little over the top. Yes, it's in the name of safety, but shelling out $100 doesn't make a race that already happened any safer. It's done. I think most people dont conscientiously say, "I think I'll skip safety wiring XYZ!"

17. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Handing out a speeding fine does not fix the fact the dude who is now stopped, was speeding

But it might make him rethink speeding in the future (at least for a few days/weeks in all reality :crackup:)

Point being, it is simply how most things work

You correct kids AFTER they fuck up in hopes they dont fuck up again. It doesnt fix their fuckup that just happened

Same thing here.

I get it

18. jiggyfly

So you believe a fine for a safety wire infraction seems appropriate?
    I guess it depends on how much it is. If its a "hey, you're an idiot, drop $5 in the bucket & learn your lesson!"......ok. But if it's say, $100. NFW.

19. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Better yet, have said offender do 2 races worth of corner working...:D

20. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Sorry Bra your bike not being in compliance is YOUR responsibility from sun up to sun down. You're riding the bike not someone in tech.

We don't normally hand out 100.00 fines except when someone may oil the track and shut it down for an hr or two while corner workers try and clean up YOUR mess.

Fining you seems to normally be a good deterrent that you would not make that mistake again.

As far and "I think I'll skip wiring this" It happens all the time, more than you realize

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.