1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bike Build

Discussion in 'RidersDiscount.com' started by Riders Discount, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Doing this one a little different than the last few.

Riders Discount is getting ready for its next bike build! We'll be building a 2012 Suzuki GSXR-600 in full Supersport trim in preparations for the AMA Road America event June 1-3. Our very own Brian Gibson, CEO and owner of Riders Discount, will be dusting off the boots for one last national event.

Many of you have seen our prior builds with the AMA SBK Yamaha R1, BMW S1000RR, as well as our Triumph 675. We always provide you with high-res pictures and detailed commentary on parts used and what we're doing within our build threads. What's unique about this build versus our previous bikes is that we'll be livestreaming the entire build on Ustream - Riders Discount TV as well as detailed pictures and posts. You'll be able to follow along in real time as we hurry to get this bike built for testing and final preparations in the few weeks before Road America.

Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for direct links and announcements when we'll be going live.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  2. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Good luck with the build.
    I love seeing you guys take a stock bike and make it into a piece of art.
    Just wish I had enough money to buy one when your done with it.

3. Riders Discount

This one shouldn't be too heavy on the pocket book, but then again that is what we say every time.

Video is live for any of you that want to watch the build as it happens.

4. speedracer170

speedracer170 Well-Known Member

Hey what are yall using for a radiator overflow and where are yall going to mount it? I'm wanting to get rid of the one on my 09.

5. Riders Discount

We are going to use the Motion Pro overflow kit. I will see if we can get you some pics as we put the bike back together.

6. vosnick52

7. Riders Discount

8. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

How did testing go this weekend? Saw you guy out there

9. Riders Discount

The day went exactly as planned. Brian did a couple of sessions to get a general feel for the bike and give it a quick shake down before next weekend.

10. Riders Discount

Shot of the bike in action at Gingerman

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  11. Jonny Boy

Jonny Boy Well-Known Member

The bike looks good. Def like the paint. With all the bikes you have built, are you planning on selling pre built bikes for racers? Or are they only for sponsored/riders discount riders?

12. Riders Discount

Andrew Swenson definitely did an amazing job on the paint for this one.

We build the bikes to race, as Brian will be doing with this bike at Road America. If you are looking for a top level already prepped bike I would steer you to Mark Junge.

13. vosnick52

You guys got it togethet pretty quick. I know there are more things to be done but that is impressive!

14. Riders Discount

Thanks Tim. Mark is going to prep the motor between next weekend's event and the AMA event so after that it will be ready to go.

15. Riders Discount

Quick shot of the bike today with the new Race Replica suit and a custom painted Corsair V

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  16. vosnick52

I want that bike:wow:

17. Riders Discount

Once Mark gets done with the motor I think the want will be moved over to "need" :D

18. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Pure sexxxxxx>............

19. Riders Discount

Tim Warners did an outstanding job with the build.

Big thanks must go out to Mark at Vesrah as well!

20. vosnick52

You are correct with that statement.