1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

China: 30 story hotel built in 15 days

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, Apr 24, 2012.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

2. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

And they do have alot of building collapses also.

3. borgy

borgy Well-Known Member

modular building is nothing new.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Don't confuse old buildings with modern construction.

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

6. Baird

Baird Well-Known Member

The title is a bit misleading...Should be China assembles modular building in 15 days. Making a tower out of legos doesn't mean you made the legos...

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid: Doesn't really prove much of anything.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

pretty cool. No way I'd stay in it or near it though. :D

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Erecting the skeleton of a 15 story building in 15 day is a misleading accomplishment. It took months to build the modules and will take months to finish the rest of the building. It'a a glimpse at part of the building schedule and nothing more.

10. ZxMoke

ZxMoke Well-Known Member

If it’s a record, it’s something. I think that is pretty impressive, just the thought of having to manage and find 200 workers something to so is cool. A lot must have went into organization

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Cabin companies build 6000 luxury cabins in 3 days too. You can bet the the logs didn't get sized and prepped in 3 days. :)

That being said, they are going to leave us behind if the US doesn't wake the fuck up.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, for all the anti US pro China peeps - leave us behind in what? GDP? Well with a billion plus peeps I'd hope so. As a super power? Not seeing that happening any time soon.

So what's this thing they're leaving us behind in that will be so horrid? They already have us beat in baby girl murders. Over population. Pollution output. Chinese food eaten. Lots of stuff really.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I just read an article about a bridge built (put in place) in Mass. in an afternoon. Prefab is nothing new.

14. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Their technology is growing fast. We've sold them so much of this country. You can't go into most stores and find very much that isn't manufactured in China. Their military is growing by leaps and bounds while ours is shrinking.

As a superpower, most are not seeing it and that's what wake the fuck up means. It's happening whether most want to believe it or not. The key is we don't let them pass us. It doesn't have to happen soon to be a problem. Happening is problem enough for me.

15. Baird

Baird Well-Known Member

I think a lot of you are missing exactly what a modular building is. They completly built everything off site and stack it and make connections on site. Do you drive by a double wide trailer and go "holy shit they built that house there in 2 hours."? No because you know they trucked in 2 halves slapped them together and hooked up power and plumbing, this is that same concept on a bigger scale.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So? We bought a lot of our shit from Japan in the past and people were freaked out when they were buying property here - are we all Japanese now? Of course not.

How exactly are they going to pass us? I'm still not hearing about anything that matters. We sold them our tech - that's way different than them developing the tech. Their military has always been larger than ours. Always will be too. A billion people and essentially slavery will do that. They're way less of a threat right now than the Soviets were back in the day, especially because they have had a large taste of capitalism...

I get the paying attention being a good idea, I just don't get the fear end of it. I don't see them doing anything that's going to put them in control of the US in any way and as far as world opinion, not really caring.

17. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

18. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Size of the military(# of men) isn't as big of an issue as the technology. I worry more about their Navy growth. Still not a huge concern yet as long as their submarines are still noisy.

You last statement is the key, we just need to pay attention. It's not far enough gone for real fear.

The Soviets were considered much of a threat for a long time too. We almost got caught with our pants down on that too but we stayed ahead of them for the most part then just basically bankrupted them. China is in better financial shape. I guess slavery of a billion people helps that too.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We should always pay attention to everything :D

Sooner or later the treatment of the general population will bite their current government in the ass. Chariman Mao got his shot at power for that very reason.

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I hope you are right and I actually think you are but still not very comforting. :p