1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FL man shoots unarmed kid. Walks home, has a beer.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm gonna try to get pics of his hair. :)

2. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

3. charles

charles The Transporter

The New Black Liberation Militia is gonna git this suckah!

That is the org that said it was going to go to Sanford and arrest Zimmerman.

4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

They're like New Model Army, only with a hip-hop vibe.

If the yahoo article is correct then the police made some serious mistakes.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Where do you see anything that indicates that happened? Sorry but posting up stuff from others making assumptions doesn't work.

I'm sure dude messed up but don't see any indicators the kid was shot because of a stereotype unless you're going all the way to why the guy was suspicious as being a cause of the shooting. In which case add in the rain, him happening to be there at the same time, a rash of recent burglaries and so on.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wannabe for sure but the 911 thing for a neighborhood watch isn't too surprising. Also not surprising is people saying 911 when it was a non emergency number, totally different thing and the person answering isn't a dispatcher which they've been called on every news channel I've seen.

Guy could absolutely be guilty of flat out murder but the coverage of this shit is as usual inaccurate as hell and just serving to incite people.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't see a lot of accuracy in that one just because they can't understand the difference between phone numbers and other terminology that matters.

Same old shit, different subject.

8. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

If you're talking about the issue of homicide suspects being tested for drugs and alcohol, then the Yahoo article is incorrect. It's not standard procedure. Yahoo's law enforcement expert sounds like he might be the janitor.

9. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. gaitherb

gaitherb Well-Known Member

Why do you think the kid was shot? He was unarmed and walking through a neighborhood with Skittles and Ice Tea...why was he shot?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't have the slightest idea. Could have been that kid did attack the wannabe who then defended himself. He was followed/approached because he was a kid in the rain walking slowly in a hoodie in a neighborhood with a recent rash of burglaries. What happened after the wannabe got out of the car it seems no one knows but him.

Looking at the very few actual facts that have come out, there is no way to tell what happened. Maybe after the autopsy and police findings and other investigations that are happening we'll know more. Until then you can assume a lot of things that could easily take fault in either direction.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This fucktard is giving more ammo to the anti-gun crowd. They're warming up.

13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:stupid:

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can't let the reverends get all the publicity.

15. charles

charles The Transporter

I can easily see that coming for sure...not everyone is happy with the 'Castle Doctrine' law(s), and how this law is applied. Maybe if we promise not to shoot anyone except on our own property, everyone would be content.

16. charles

charles The Transporter

:eek: I think the Right Reverend Sharpton posts on the beeb.

17. gaitherb

The 911 tapes were released and here are some of the statements from the tapes:

This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something," Zimmerman tells the 911 operator. "He's just staring, looking at all the houses. Now he's coming toward me. He's got his hand in his waistband. Something's wrong with him."

Zimmerman described Martin as wearing a hoodie and sweatpants or jeans. He continues: "He's coming to check me out. He's got something in his hands. I don't know what his deal is. Can we get an officer over here?"

"These assholes always get away," he says to the operator. Zimmerman is then heard giving directions to the dispatcher. "Shit, he's running," Zimmerman says.

"Are you following him?" the dispatcher asks.

"Yes," Zimmerman responds.

"We don't need you to do that," the dispatcher says.

In other recordings, callers tell the 911 dispatcher that someone has been shot. One person tells the dispatcher that two guys were wrestling behind his back porch and that one of them was yelling for help. Then the male caller stammers in shock. "I'm pretty sure the guy is dead ... Oh, my God! ... The black guy looks like he's been shot and he's dead."

"The guy on top has a white T-shirt," another caller said.

"Is he on top of someone?" the operator asks.

"Mmmhmmm," a female caller responds.

Yet another caller says, "Someone was screaming 'Help! help! help!' Then I heard a gunshot."

One caller, a teenage boy, said that as he was walking his dog, "I saw a man laying on the ground that needed help. He was screaming."

Then, he told the operator, he heard a gunshot and said the screaming stopped.

An unarmed teenager was shot and killed by a man alleging that he was acting in self-defense....but the 911 tapes evidence that he was told not to pursue the teenager. I'm having a hard time understanding arguments that lend any credence to the shooter's story or his motive. He shot a kid because he believed he looked strange. Does anyone on this board believe that's the appropriate application of the law or should be how the law is interpreted ... "I personally felt threatned by the looks of the individual, therefore I was justified in killing the person."

We know for a fact that the shooter disregarded the 911 operator's instruction not to pursue. We know for a fact the kid was unarmed. We know for a fact, the shooter was on top of the kid at some point. We know for a fact that he shot and killed a kid.

18. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Based on those recordings I would say Zimmerman will burn for this.

Can't follow someone like that then claim self defense with a carry permit. At least not that I'm aware of. Maybe the kid turned then charged him but just sounds like a wannabe cop going to far.

19. G.Irish

G.Irish Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't see how this guy is not in jail.

It is all but certain he instigated the altercation if he said that the kid was running away from him. From the kid's perspective some random guy is stalking you in a car then gets out to chase you. He probably thought this guy was trying to do him harm.

Now who knows how the altercation started but bottom line is that Zimmerman got out of his car and approached the kid. Kid was unarmed, yet this guy shot and killed him, right after the kid yelled for help.

Sorry but I don't think self-defense applies when you go after someone. Otherwise all one would need to do to get away with murder is to pick a fight, let the other guy get in some licks, then shoot him dead.

Was this racially motivated? Who knows, to this point there is no evidence of that. Maybe the guy was profiling to a degree, maybe not. As for the Sanford police department:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/17/2700249_p2/shooter-of-trayvon-martin-a-habitual.html

20. gaitherb

I agree. Can you imagine shooting and killing an unarmed kid and when the police arrive you say "it was self-defense" and you're released.

When did the killing of a kid become so mundane as to not warrant an arrest, the posting of bond, and a preliminary hearing to determine whether or not there were facts to substantiate the shooter's allegations.

This guy shot and killed an unarmed kid and went home.