1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what happened between............

Discussion in 'General' started by skip salenius, Feb 13, 2012.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Call me when the girlfriend gets involved.

2. KILLA1

KILLA1 Orange Suzuki = MY HERO

what a douche on his facebook - :down:

Joey Pascarella
    Yeap had a great weekend at lvms. Broke the track recored for a 600 took care of buisness while being sick and showed some people not to mess with me. Haahaha.

shows great sportmanship for the sponsors :Poke:

does he really think he's tuff :wow:

I know the kid is fast, but........tuff UM NO :eek:

3. ton

ton Arf!

this won't go well

:Pop:

4. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Would a sponsor want to associate with a rider who shows people "not to mess with him" on the track? Let me just go out on a limb and say I wouldn't.

Of course that generation has the mind of a guppy and don't think of anything past 30 mins from now anyway. "What is this "Future ramifications" all mean?....heck, what does "future" mean?"

5. eggfooyoung

Does Affliction make leathers?

6. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

With all due respect, could you possibly stop generalizing your responses?

All the fathers?
    All this generation?

A lot of us race dads have worked our asses off to get our young riders where they are today.
    A lot of these young riders have worked there asses off to get there too.

Doesn't seem fair that you want to throw everyone under the bus with those types of comments. As a "race dad" and with a son of this generation, there are a lot more friendly but competitive people at the track than maybe you might think.

I, myself can get my dander up at times but I keep it within the confines of our pit and I think my racer kid has great manners and even in the face of others who might try to get him worked up, he remains calm and professional.

Your comments are very short sighted.

7. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...

Someone had to say it.

8. KILLA1

FYI I'm a racedad of a 13yr old and I don't have a 2 foot screwdriver in my trailer.....:D

9. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Except herpes. That shit'll come back with ya.

10. eggfooyoung

You're from Joisey, did it get stolen?

11. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Good point! :crackup:

12. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Show me where I said "All the fathers"? I said the teams that have a no Dad's rule under the canopy are smart. We had to go to that and I know other teams did too. Some Dad's are great. Some are pains in the ass and cost their kid more than they help.

And as far as my generalization on the flatbillers that are making up the paddock as of late, well, it applies to a majority of them, I will stand behind that. They don't understand that the stuff they post actually goes out there and is seen by others. How many were not hired because of a photo on Facebook? That seems to be the norm and not the exception.

And I am thinking you might be the reason why I had to have a Code of Conduct in place for parents. You seem to be as generalized as you claim I am. :D

13. KILLA1

its under the seat....i said it wasn't in the trailer :Poke:

:crackup:

14. CALI*MADE

CALI*MADE Love Life

Seems kinda one sided on here so far.... Both riders rip and as I was not there I feel this comment that was on the Next Moto Champion article helps add some perspective. Two sides to everything...
    Marica Jones
    Wow. I just would like to know what races were you watching? I watched all the races of the day and watched Solis in several races push the holeshot rider into the wall. And funny how nothing is mentioned about the move Solis made on Prince doing the same thing in the same corner in the 750 race. Or the mentioning of in race 2 with no contact from Pascarella, winning by 7 seconds. Both riders were aggressive. Wondering why only one is underfire? Benny Sr use foul lanuage as well and I saw Solis Sr step into Pascarella not the way you saw or herd it go down. I don't think your jounalism is correct. This coming from someone not on either side!

15. goose705

goose705 Well-Known Member

Sponsors are all about the $$$$$

You'd be surprised! In the MX world there have been many "badboys" over the years, two that come to mind for talent, dirty riding and sh*tty attitudes off the track are Tyler Evans and Jason Lawrence. They had somewhat successful careers with their lame attitude even pulling great sponsorship deals. The fact that they were making waves was satisfiying to sponsors...regardless of results these guys were always in the mags and on tv because everyone loves a good "badboy".

Considering how little coverage roadracing receives both in the mainstream and on tv I doubt that many sponsors will care. However if the guy and his family prove to be a bunch of jerks, noone will want to work with them and his success may be limited in the future. Regardless very unsportsman like, not cool!

16. KILLA1

either way his comments on facebook were douchenozzleish :D

17. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

And you might be a little biased. :up:

18. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i sponsor both riders, and will continue to sponsor both riders

19. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

T1 at Vegas looks pretty wide, but at race pace it's actually pretty narrow. It's a sharper-than-90 turn at the end of the second-fastest section of the track. If you're side-by-side with someone there and on the outside, you're going to get pushed off unless the guy on the inside slows down to turn sharper and make room for you, or you slow down and slot in. Anyone running as fast as those guys are running knows that.

I've met Benny and like him. I've never met Joey and have no opinion of him. That said, if Benny was on the outside and thought for some reason that Joey wouldn't use all of the track available to him, he made a foolish bet. I've been pushed off (as well as plainly smashed into) in that exact corner, and I've pushed people to the edge of the track (but not off, to my knowledge) in similar corners at other tracks. I don't think it's very acceptable to have contact between riders, but at some point if I've got the line and I want to keep it, then I will... it's your choice to decide whether you get off the track or get off the gas.

I wasn't even IN Vegas for this round, so I don't have anything to say about the NMC report other than that I'm not going to judge either party solely by what it says. Makes for good "Jerr-y! Jerr-y! Jerr-y!!!" though.

20. playdough

playdough Well-Known Member