1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's racing and what you got?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by trispdtrip, Jan 23, 2012.

1. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

I race with 02R6 in The Ohio Mini Roadracing League (OMRL) and we have had some fun battles in the past!
    My current mini racer is a 04 Honda NSR turned into a NSF. I installed a XR100 motor with Takegawa 125cc Stage 3 motor, Daytona outer-rotor kit, custom undertail WRW exhaust tuned for the motor, a lot of other custom lighter internal motor parts to make it go fast. 20hp at the rear wheel.. only 160lbs. Suspension is all custom and set up right by 35Motorsports. Front has custom springs for my weight with gold valve emulators, rear has a HyperCo spring and worked over shock. Read about my build here: http://www.teamquazzymoto.com/Bike%20Builds!.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

I'll go ahead and say it....I am not right in the head. :cool:

Attached Files:

3. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Not really competitive against a 150. We built it for the next class down, which is a 65 class that allows unlimited mods. We were running a couple seconds slower on this bike compared to the 150, but part of that may be because it's harder to ride. The tranny is geared so low it's hard to roll on the gas smoothly. Another dad built the exact same bike but with the Takegawa 6-speed tranny and said it didn't help at all. I think this year we're going to try gearing it to the moon and just using the lower gears. Then maybe we'll take it out to the big track and stretch it's legs :)

4. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

WOW!

5. Kneedown YZ85

Kneedown YZ85 Well-Known Member

YZ85, 156 lbs. wet and 18- 20 HP depending on who you ask. I'm tempted to wedge a YZ125 engine in there because it's cheaper than a bore/ stroke. No racing yet, just bombing the kart track out at Miller. I think I'm the only person in the area with a mini 'tard.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  6. Kneedown YZ85

Kneedown YZ85 Well-Known Member

Damn, dude. I thought the brake on the front of my YZ85 was small. What's the SOP- just squeeze the lever to the bar about halfway down the straight and slam it over with whatever speed you have left at the entry and hope for the best?

7. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

That stock YSR motor is barely fast enough to get hurt on. (Now imagine that process you described using only a rear brake. :eek:)
    It's stupid silly slow fun, I ran it as a joke and only needed to brake when going downhill into where they cut the track in half for the minis at Barber.

The best use of this bike is tearing arse around the small back streets in Decatur and smoking everything on the road while barely getting up to ten miles over the limit. :D
    I have two of these bikes, and a fresh Calamari Racing built motor in a box ready to go into the other one. At that point some suspension and brake upgrades might be advised.

8. blackbird2xx

blackbird2xx Well-Known Member

YOU SO NEED TO COME TO TALLY, OR BARBER!!!!!!!! I really hope I get up there to ride with you guys this year. I plan on doing all the Tally and Barber dates. No Nashvilee dates this year as the track has no owner:(. I would really like to see you and your super trick bike at some southern wera events.

9. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Sweeeeet. Will WERA let me use that beast? Snell approval go with Minis as well I assume... lol

10. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd like to get my beast out and open her up on the big track and see how it does. I can handle the 150R's on the kart tracks, so it would be fun to see how it does when it stretches its legs a little.

11. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

details?

12. NateDawg122

NateDawg122 Active Member

My Mini-Roadracing Kx65

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

This is my Mini....

[​IMG]

This is my Big Bike.....

[​IMG]

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The PW picture looks like a painful landing is in order :D

15. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

PW = pink warrior? :D

thanks for the new section btw

16. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Fireman, what gearing do you run on the kart tracks? Seems like the XR tranny is geared really low, so it's kind of jerky and hard for my son to roll on the gas smoothly compared to the 150.

17. earacing

earacing Race Dad

18. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Any of you guys have any experience setting up a YSR? Guy I race with is letting me ride his next year if I can get it running. He changed the engine out to a Lifan pit bike engine and couldn't get it to run. Getting it running isn't going to be a huge problem, but I know NOTHING about YSRs.

19. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I had Dave at Fast Bike Industries completely revalve it and put an Ohlins TTX shock on the rear.........

...... or it is completely stock and I use my legs as the suspension..... bahahaha. I ride wheelies over the asphalt jumps so the rear tire never leaves the ground.

20. raddad13

raddad13 Well-Known Member

I've built and owned a few ysr's. for the front end, a right fork spring kit, fork brace, ss brake line and aftermarket master cyl. Are the bascis most people address 1st.
    For the rear, theirs not a lot you can do with the stock shock, however changing shock and swing arm bushings helps a bit. A cheaper route than rearsets are relocators that move them up and back 1inch.