1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 WERA Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Dec 12, 2011.

1. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

How did we loose the 2 early races (Nelson, Beaver) and yet keep what I thought was a less attended fall nelson and beaver?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Couldn't work out dates earlier in the year and we were able to move the later dates to what we hope will be better weekends. Beaver is not against Jersey and Nelson is an entire month earlier.

3. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

Yea, that sucks for many of us that will be 2 less races this year.

4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I think that might be the case for quite a few people. More attractive to chase a full series now maybe ..

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Agree with ya, especially on Beaver. At least it's a double-sprint round ..

6. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Sean,

The AMA moved the NJMP round to Sept 7-9th...

Ride safe,
    AAron

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah saw that but I was more concerned with CCS dates against our regional stuff. Trying to make it work for us and them.

8. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

wicket....
    This season i will get way more track time on the 1000 with the new schdule.
    (8 races on DH weekends).
    I did hate making two nelsons and beavers events...now im more inclided to do every race on the schdule....

can't wait.

9. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

Fuck you Pete!:moon:

10. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Any chance on making the April Summit the Vintage round and June the DH? April is ussually a good turn out for Vintage, plus I was looking to try and get to RRR, it currently is the same date as Summit in June.

If not possible, I do understand, and want to thank you for your efforts in keeping Vintage going and with bigger grids. The changes made should do exactly that. I am hoping to get to five or six rounds this year, looking forward to more competition and doing what I can to support WERA.

11. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Now now Rich, if you need a sub I can fill in. Put me in coach!

:D

Personally I don't think Wade has enough "Sublet" in him to pull it off. But you never know....
    :D

12. angel a ramos

angel a ramos Member

How come wera do not race at NJMP?

13. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

14. jackel151

jackel151 Well-Known Member

Going over the southeast races trying to budget for as many races as I can make.

And onething keeps jumping out at me. The June Roebling race looks a little crowded.

We have one of only two races at Barber May 12-13, A double at Jennings the following week. One week off then Roebling and less then a week later Cycle jam at RD ATL.

Barber is a must do I would think as the GNF is going there. The double at Jennings should be good as its value added. The cycle jam should rock.

Poor little Roebling stuck in the middle dosent seem like much of a draw.

15. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

True I know when I put my schedule together I dropped that Roebling. But I'm just trying to make it to different tracks this year. Barber and Nola are must do for me this year.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah that Roebling will lose out but I wanted to keep it more for the NF peeps than anything. It usually at least pays for itself even being stuck in the middle of a packed bunch of weeks.

17. forlorn

forlorn Well-Known Member

To bitch a little why dump Mid Central and keep North Florida, why not keep Mid Central or dump both? Just asking because in Mid Central you had ~8 Sundays to make it to now with just SE your looking at 12. I know there are two double header weekends in there. For those folks who want to feel like they have a shot at the a championship that is a big schedule to have to make it to.

Either way it does look fun good and know these are hard changes to make.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good question, din't look at it that way to be honest. Most MC champs won the same thing in the SE so it just seemed useless.

19. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

Main reason we dropped Mid-Central was Nashville closing - it was what held that Region open - without Nashville there is nothing in the Mid-Central part of the country - N. Florida is same as it was in 2011.......we did our best with the schedule and I realize that it may not be ideal for some, but we need to keep being able to still have WERA Motorcycle Roadracing so we had to make some tough changes - if, or when, things get better hopefully so will the schedule. We are also at the mercy of what tracks have to offer, not necessarily what fits into our schedule best......hope we pleased the majority with this one!

20. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

I'll be going to Roebling because it is a Vintage round. The Jennings double leaves out Vintage so the 3 in a row races aren't such a problem for Vintage. Roebling will be a good warm up for Road Atlanta Cycle Jam. I'm pretty excited about the Cycle Jam since I've never been able to go to one before, used to be too far away for me.

Mark