1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Applauding the racers at Indy

Discussion in 'General' started by gapman789, Aug 29, 2011.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

For those that were at the Indy GP....
    I stood and clapped and waved my arms for every racer after each and every race. Even for the guys dead last that were riding around solo for the entire race.
    Most people don't of course.

Did you guys do the same? I know how that little bit of acknowledgment makes me feel when I'm on the cool down lap.
    I hate for those racers to think that their hardwork and dedication to accomplish their dreams and aspirations go unappreciated.

I think that separates the hardcore fans (IMO, which are those that actually race or have raced at some time), from the average spectator.

2. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I'll agree with that. It does make you feel better to know that someone appreciates what you're doing, no matter where you finished at.

3. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

:stupid:

4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

The way I look at it is even the slowest guy out there is faster than I will ever be. So I clap for them because they have my admiration. However I may have better judgement than some of them, like the last corner pass attempt in the 800's race! As soon as he cut too the inside I knew he wasn't going to make it!

5. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

I clapped for all Americans... I let my badger out of the cage to try to help ben out and it almost worked!!

6. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

It was a beaver... In fact, it was suggested that the headline read "Stoner Chases Beaver in America, While Pregnant Wife Watches"

7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

bad idea. you can't just go broadcasting that pregnant wives will be at the track 'round here. people like to stab 'em with screwdrivers :D

8. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

I stood and clapped until the entire grid rolled by. It's a thrill to be at the races and even the guys in last place are riding their butts off. I remember being dead last and how great it felt to have all the corner workers cheering me on and clapping.

9. Frenchier6

Frenchier6 I'm just being me

I stood, clapped, AND wistled... Just saying :)

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

I wasn't at Indy, but I do the same for the AMA racers when they come here. No doubt they deserve some recognition for their efforts.

11. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

We stood and cheered for everyone, made sure my son did too at his first live race. Lead by example.

12. ScreamingSon

ScreamingSon Well-Known Member

I clapped throughout the races too, and after for all riders. Even the 125 lapper got clapped for! they just traveled all this way to get their ass beat, They need an applause.
    Many people where I sat really didn't do much as for cheering. My brother and I were the loudest.

13. teamneon

teamneon Well-Known Member

We did a 9 flag salute in every corner after each race for every racer!

14. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I clapped for every racer. I cant say I was waving and jumping...but I did clap.