1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i just noticed..........

Discussion in 'General' started by skip salenius, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I didn't say they were low end, I said one of their low end suits. Meaning the lower end of their offerings. Feel free to substitute any other suit manu in their place - Still wondering how your suit prevents death when some other brand wouldn't have.

2. HEROICRacing

HEROICRacing Well-Known Member

Your mom ever told you not to argue with goats? Here I'm being entertained by Bullwinkle that is ruthlessly insufficient and you are asking me how a suit can save your life? Dude, your trying to pick a fight. This is one of the most dangerous sports next to bullriding and your asking me a foolish question as this? Come on.

3. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

wow dragging me under the bus there ain't you skipper.:rolleyes:

First off I didn't make anything or gain anything (sponsorship) off telling someone how company "x" went out of their way to accommodate a somewhat rare and unusual bike a certain item to attach said rare bike to my friggin trailer floor. I just thought and I still do that it was a pretty neat thing so I shared it. I came up with the whole idea of trying to get the item produced for the bike and it was my idea for me going there to have it made. I paid regular price for the item and would do it again. I used my gas and time to go there, no gain from that at all. They might sell one more for their effort or maybe not since the market for said bike will be as rare as the bike itself. I really don't understand your complaint fully but if you feel you have been wronged then that is certainly your right to voice your opinion.

If mongo wants to take the thread down I am fine with that since this is his house.

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

The question doesn't strike me as foolish.

I see an M.O.: Enter another one of Skip's baits around post 50 and claim you are being picked on. Then tell us a bunch of wonderful stuff about yourself and your company, including the nugget that 2 weeks ago a friend says to you the suit saved his life.

Then, strangely, you put safety below such alternative suit requirements as branding and recognition. Now you just avoid the question.

I wouldn't use your stuff if you gave it to me.

5. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I think the answer to your particular question doesn't exist, because I didn't read the "Your suit saved my life" quote as "Your suit saved my life whereas another suit wouldn't have." I think Todd brought it up because he was simply very happy to have created something that helped someone avoid grave injury. He wasn't using the quote as a selling point, he was using the quote to illustrate his reasons for doing what he does.

I've seen his suits, and taken a close look at them, and I would definitely, absolutely use it if he gave it to me. Hell, I'd use it if I had the money to pay for it. Ask my teammate Tony about his, there is no better person to ask about their performance at the moment.

While I too ended up getting tired of all the "My :):):):):):) suit is so awesome" threads, it seems like Todd could come on here and say "Terrorists suck and I love puppies", and he'd get burned at the stake for it. I think the spam came from individuals, not a concentrated effort on the WERA boards specifically. He's said he never asked people to advertise on WERA; I believe him. What probably happened is what happens with any sponsored product: Manufacturer gives customer a discount, manufacturer asks customer to spread the word among their friends about said product. There's nothing wrong with that. The fact that all these people happened to consider the BBS their friends is a side effect.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  6. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

not throwing you under the bus one single bit,roy. I'm just compairing how people get excited about a motorcycle related product and talk about it on a motorcycle racing forum. Nothing more. Don't get all worked up! Sean seems to know everything (as always) about the deal I have w todd as far as sponsorship goes. Not sure why he really seems so concerned? Anyhow I love and use pitbull! And don't get them for free. Awesome product!

7. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

Skip, I saw you working with Chris this weekend and I didn't get a chance to come say whats up!! I was wondering if you were going to race!!

8. dsapsis

I fully understand that answering the question is difficult, but he designs the suits, no? A thinking person would consider the comparison. Any fool knows that suits are not the same.

I disagree with the bold, and why his commentary is disingenuous to him being on here and having Skip work his little magic.

The suits are no doubt fine for what they are. I prefer to get my suits made here in the US and feel that the ones I have are superior in safety, no doubt at the expense of recognition.

9. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Hey, stupid - I asked how your suit saved a life that would not have otherwise been saved by wearing another suit.

You referenced it, not me.

10. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing that he claimed to save lives with his suit. He obviously stated otherwise.

"There is nothing like Jimmy D of TPM wake up from his tragic wreck two weeks ago and say, TODD, your suit saved my life. Whether that is true or circumstance or whether God just gave him another day to be an outstanding human being, I'll take it as I'm contributing and satisfied."

11. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

By who? I've been wondering who still does this stateside.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Z custom, Barnacle Bill, Syed, need more?

13. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Helimot, zooni, maybe vanson?

14. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

What a bunch little sissy's with nothing to do. It amazes me as to how insignificant half these guys are in real life. They make themselves into someone on the web due to the amount of traffic they generate on this forum and over criticize people to make themselves feel big. Just in the last few pages I know of a few posters personally that IRL barely qualify to be a racer...yet hurl rocks the size of the moon like they are "someone" at the track. Most would label them as douchebags...

Thanks Skip for posting about your leathers. Every time I see ya at the track I get a chance to see something different in style than the normal cookie cutter stuff that is out there. :):):):):):) Leathers...I met the guy at Miller last year (if I am correct) and saw what looked to be some very good looking leathers. No harm, no foul...let the racers that gain help and the ones that are happy with their products blast it to the world. Who knows...there may be something out there that I have never seen before.

That said...I am happy with Komodo leathers and the service provided. Oh and before I forget.... WWW.ALLSTONEARMY.COM :D:Poke:

15. dsapsis

I have both a Zooni and a Helimot suit. They are the two long-standing suit makers in Northern California.

16. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Kettle, meet Pot.......:Poke:

17. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

[​IMG]

18. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Uh but aren't they in Guatemala now?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool, glad to hear that and it does make the spamming easier to deal with.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Your own words - "WOW... You guys are tough LOL. I picked up Frankie two years ago. We made him three suits so far, but the guy has grown so much he had an Alpine in between growth spurts. This new suit is his first kangaroo. I asked him to post up his thoughts on the new suit on the WERA board. Frankie has a LOT of talent."

Just another example of why I don't allow editing after 30 minutes ;)

BTW - the post is here http://forums.13x.com/showpost.php?p=3562637&postcount=63 as part of this thread - http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=287551