1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i just noticed..........

Discussion in 'General' started by skip salenius, Aug 20, 2011.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That's just not right. :tut:

2. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

nope! the other thread. about that company that make stands. that was spam! 100 percent! you can't even argue that. and for the record.....todd has done waaaaaaaay more than you're giving him credit for in the industry. you(sean), for some really fucked up reason, just don't wanna give him any credit for it. not sure what your problem w/ him is? also....everyone i talk to about these stupid threads i get attacked in says they can't believe the way certain people talk to people in here. and they really can't believe it when i tell them you, or whoever, won't let me have my signature under my name. that's about as fuckin childish as it gets. oh well......i guess i'll just keep being that "pain in the ass". enjoy your week, everyone!

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Most of the time there's a pain in my ass it's because there's a load of shit I can't wait to get rid of.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So by all means, tell me all about what Todd has done for this sport other than sell leathers at track days. I'd love to know more about it. Seriously. I know what I've seen here and other places on the web. Every single bit of what I've seen has been Todd making money and that's it. While there is nothing at all wrong with that, I don't see any reason to make him or his company out to be something special. I know you think getting leathers at cost is a killer deal. Well the simple fact is for someone who can sell their sponsors like you can it's a shit deal for you. There is no way you should be paying him to advertise for him. Ridiculous.

I don't care if you find it childish or not. You wanted to play games and I'm more than glad to play, you really should quit whining when they don't go your way though.

Maybe all of those people you talk to should try reading the threads, especially the older ones, and they'd understand more. It's not truly that hard to figure out.

As for the pit bull thread - you truly don't get that a satisfied customer who paid for the product posting about the product isn't spam? Seriously? He didn't get a deal, he didn't get sponsored, he is a paying customer same as all the rest of us. And you truly think that is the same? No wonder you're so confused about all of this....

5. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

So are you saying you puff the magic dragon or not?

6. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

So I read that, and decided to read the old Skip threads on the Jennings forum. :crackup:

He's mellowed considerably since 2006.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Kids will do that to a playa. :D

8. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

Reading a thread from Skip is like watching a bug zapper. You know what's coming, however, it always provides endless hours of entertainment : )

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

10. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

@Mongo

Todd gave our rider a suit for free at the debut of the BMW S1000RR at Daytona, (a year prior to BMW), when we were tight on budget and in need of help with our image on the grid.
    Then he gave away gloves at our sponsor dealer's party during our homecoming round to help promote the team there. He also backed us up with a replacement after many safely survived crashes.
    That's all he ever did for us and building the relationship for three years didn't hurt either, we needed his help and he gave it in an outstandingly professional manner.
    It has been said before, but his prototyping and attention to detail at the track events means he cares about rider safety.:up:
    Info like that I don't usually disclose but I do so because he does do his share of helping to promote our sport in a positive light.

That being said, yes buying a banner ad here would be a pleasant gesture which might help remove the :)s, which I personally find hilarious.
    Also Skip, please don't run for President even if God flies down on a flying saucer and tells you it's a good idea.:Poke:

11. HEROICRacing

HEROICRacing Well-Known Member

WOW... I guess being a vendor at the GNF or attending the three other WERA races down south at the end of our CCS / AMA season was overlooked. I never have attended a WERA event prior to working with Tim Hunt, Skip, Jason DiSalvo, Jane Kaminski, David Ur and others as most won their National Championships was a waste of time? Not for me. I had a blast getting involved with another organization. But to see the mouthpiece being voiced as it is... Makes me want to contribute????

For the last time, I have never told anyone to post on the WERA board. IMHO, why would I. I don't even have time to go to WERA events. I supported the last four years, TPM, STT East, Tony's Trackdays, Absolute, NYSBC, Motorcycle Excitement 4 events, Trackdays.net, BostonMoto days, Penguin School Ducati Rev's, every leg of the AMA for product support last year and this year all except one venue, ONE MAN... WHY, because I was invited, I like the people, or I WANT TO GET INVOLVED AND BELIEVE IN THEIR PROGRAM. And I'd come to a WERA event where the org puts words in my mouth and puts me on blast on a national forum? You have some great guys in your org, but I'm tired by November from my personal race support COMMITMENTS. EXTREMELY.

Giving back? If I discount a suit 1 dollar or a thousand dollars, I'm helping that individual accomplish their dream. Thats sponsorship buddy. If I'm offering a level of branding or performance that the pros are receiving, thats enhancement. Mine might not be the best, might not be the cheapest, but most everyone donning the logo are Hero's as people to look up to or that have the ability to influence others.

I've never raced a day in my life. I did coach and instruct for STT East and NYSBC. I am very good at helping beginners with technique, critiquing establish riders for fit and performance gains. Since you want the history, I was a pro horse trainer and showed around the country till 25. Worked in IT for 15 years and high fashion for 5. Honestly, I have a passion and thats to allow people the type of branding, recognition and performance that I or my friends were ever alloted or earned. Lastly safety. The three marks ahead of safety in my eyes are the most important, but safety is a close fourth. There is nothing like Jimmy D of TPM wake up from his tragic wreck two weeks ago and say, TODD, your suit saved my life. Whether that is true or circumstance or whether God just gave him another day to be an outstanding human being, I'll take it as I'm contributing and satisfied.

Your 90k post show me that your organization is suffering from misalignment of priority.

No offense, I don't know you; no offense, I would like to meet you, no offense, I'm not trying to be a spur in anyones heel, but your doing a good one to be in mine. I recommend SIDI's, they take away the pain.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  12. HEROICRacing

by the way, that smak down that Lance Lau put in the last deleted, well developed thread that was ended from a "Delete Thread," "OK", "Are you Sure you want to remove this :):):):):):) thread?" "Yes" sequence; I'd really like to read that again.

13. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Really Dude?

Everytime you post here it costs you sales, I'm convinced of that.

--Explain to me how your suit saved a guy's life and how he would have been killed had he been wearing, say - a low end AGV?

14. HEROICRacing

What makes AGV so low end. I kind like that their suits fit the masses, are affordable, durable and have been around longer than dirt in the paddock. I wouldn't call them low end.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Todd, what's the WERA mod price on a custom suit? I know Jesus, errr, Skip. :D

16. HEROICRacing

more than an AGVSport.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Those f@ckers used to spam the board more than even :):):):):):). :D

18. HEROICRacing

Dave K, stop, your making feel accepted.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey, I got no problem with you for the most part. You make some awesome gloves and good suits, it's just the little itch you give me at times.

Now, can I have free shit? :D

20. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

that particular one is not Todd; i've told you, you need to go to the doctor and get some antibiotics.