1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot and dry in Texas

Discussion in 'General' started by auminer, Aug 4, 2011.

1. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

I finally had to see what nice weather is all about, and yep h8r was right. This place fuckin rules! F You AZ!

2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

It got up to 81 degrees here in Calgary today. My dad lives in Arlington Tx and was telling me about the heat. Man I don't miss all the heat down there. I remember growing up in Burleson and it being so hot the roads would get soft.

3. ZxMoke

ZxMoke Well-Known Member

All the weather listed before me sounds like heaven right now. Yesterday in Jacksonville Fl the temp was around 100 with humidity of 75%

Today it is supposed to be 95 with humidity of 79%. Feels like we are getting steamed here

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Day 36 of 100+ here. Took the dogs out for their last go-round last night at 10pm. It was 101 at the time...

5. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

I went to Blues on the Green here in Austin Wed night to see the band Old 97s and it was 104 at 7pm when I made the walk from car to park. OUCH

Solution = Beer

6. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

Beer does solve many problems

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Butt not dehydration.

8. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

Enough beer and it doesn't matter if you are dehydrated or not. I'll see how I do this weekend at ECR for the CMRA races. 6 hour mini endurance race should about tell me I think

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

As much as I likes my alcohol, I limit my race weekend drinking to water and Pedialyte until Sunday night. Used to think drinkin' the night before wasn't a problem. I was almost dead wrong.

10. ZxMoke

ZxMoke Well-Known Member

Literally

11. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

You only need AC like 10 days out of the year in So Cal. A heater is more important for those nipply days.

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Quick on the uptake, huh...;)

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

One of my most favoritest words!

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

New Texas rain gauge...

Attached Files:

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

LOL

Actually, when we do finally break this drought it'll probably be a frickin flood.

I was reading the other day on some weather site that even a hurricane would be a boon to TX right now unless it was a Cat 4+ directly hitting Houston. The logic was that even moderately severe damage along the coast would be more than offset by the economic relief the rains on the plains would bring.

16. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I had the same experience in EL Paso couple weeks ago. 103 there feels like 90 in Nashville... and no sweat to go with it...

Felt like a vacation

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

What manner of voodoo is this?!?!?!?

The temperature has dropped way down into the mid-70s, and there is some sort of obstruction blocking out the stars.

But weirdest of all, THERE IS ACTUAL WATER COMING FROM THE SKY!!!

I'm going to have to consult the elders to see if they recall this sort of thing occurring before.

:D

18. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

Oh man that stuff is baaaddd....

Do your best to get that stuff just on the NW side of Houston:)

All kidding aside I feel for the guys raising livestock. This week every stock tank I see on my commute to work has dried up.

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

You have now moved off Dune...

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa