1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grattan Roll Call

Discussion in 'General' started by renegade17, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Glad they were able to get out and shoot some stuff. Didn't get their email til 7am Sunday.

2. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Glad we could provide some good racing! It was a good weekend for me with a new personal best around Grattan and I learned alot. 1st year expert growing pains :beer:

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

just caught the end of that crash. Was looking down the straight and heard it. Glad he's ok

4. KILLEN

KILLEN Ninjafied

Overall, even with the lighter grids, lots of good close racing. Good to see some new and old faces all doing well together. Almost every race I saw had something to watch at one time or another....

Glad everyone who's tires disagreed with the level of grip offered by the ground was up and okay acting like themselves. :up:

Thanks WERA.

5. KILLEN

KILLEN Ninjafied

Was anyone picture taking?

6. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Plarp was for Riders Discount, I'm sure he got some of most people.. he had the shutter working hard most of the weekend.

7. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Any idea if and where he posts the photos?

8. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I had a lot of fun for my first race weekend. I guess it is time to buy some warmers and pitch the street tires. Thanks to the WERA staff for answering my newb questions and tolerating my greeness. Only one question where was the Star Spangled Banner??? See you at mid-o in a few weeks.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The anthem depends on the announcer and equipment we have. It's not something we do at every single event but it is played each day at the vast majority.

10. renegade17

Gotcha thanks!

11. repsol600

repsol600 Well-Known Member

Not to thread jack but what tires were you running? I'm also new to the race/track scene and want to start racing but know I can't afford race tires and warmers at first but if I could get by on street rubber for a lil bit that would be great!

12. renegade17

BT003rs on a SV. I was able to run warmers after my buddy wrecked (both days) and definatly noticed the diff in the first 1/2 to 3/4 of lap 1 each time i ran them.

13. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

Jim and I were hummin' the SSB when we were techin' bikes.

14. IWANNAGOFAST15

IWANNAGOFAST15 #NEVERFORGET

That was an awesome weekend! No rain and hot, Ill take that anytime!! :up: Hope everybody made it home safe and next stop for me is VIR, cant wait to dice it up with everybody again. :beer:

15. CarrMoto

CarrMoto Well-Known Member

I had an awesome weeknd also watching and riding. Seeing many many experts in the 21's and lower category was pretty awesome. Too bad I only did a 22 flat. damn!

Thanks WERA for all your hard work in making it happen. I can't believe I saw Barb Key helping out! That's cool!

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ha! Barb and Ed are old school WERA even if they haven't hung out for a while :D

17. Frenchier6

Frenchier6 I'm just being me

A day at the track beats a day in the kitchen... I had a blast and took a second off my time and had a blast... just sayin LOL

18. FlyinBrian

FlyinBrian Well-Known Member

Nice riding Frenchie! I was proud to podium with you in Senior Superbike :beer:

19. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

It looked like you were having fun riding your bicycle as well. You were always going bye with a smile saying Hi to everyone.

20. KILLEN

KILLEN Ninjafied

I'm jealous!! Have fun man. Rock out for the NC region.....