1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 Indianapolis Motogp friday night get together?

Discussion in 'General' started by dobr24, Jul 11, 2011.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Are we doing it again this year, Friday night? I don't remember how I got to my hotel last year so why should this year be any different!

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm thinking this year it might be better to do a 2-parter. Start at Taps and Dolls then move to the Pub across the street since T&D gets loud once it really gets rolling. Spent a lot of time last year drunk shouting with people :D

3. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

This is my first (motorcycle-related) trip to Indy. I was only there once before, for the first F1 race, and had to stay a fair ways outside of town, so didn't see much.

It would be really fun to meet some WERA board peeps in person. I've met a few at the track, but many times I'm not even aware of it. An actual gathering would be cool.

I think we are staying within walking (or some semblance thereof after a few drinks) distance of that place.

Post a few details as the time gets closer... :up:

4. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I'm stayin' out by the airport, cuz its WAAAAY cheaper, but I'll be there Friday night. :up:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I got closer this year so I can walk the boss back to the hotel and then go back out without hiking all the way across downtown :D

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Huh, me too.

7. six6two

six6two AWD

Any good hotel recommendations?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Most of the downtown stuff isn't cheap but the walking distance is really nice. Out by the airport isn't bad at all pricewise and isn't that far.

9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I booked rooms at the Staybridge City Centre. With taxes and everthing king room runs about $150 a night. Its 5 minute walk to the bar, 15 from track, 20 from fairgrounds (Indy Mile). Last year it was clean and complimentary bfast. I was happy...... So was the boss!

10. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

"Happy Birthday to you..."! :D

11. eggfooyoung

...and many moooore....

12. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=282195 :up:

Maybe this needs a sticky.....

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wouldn't help much but once we're closer I'll stick it.

14. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

Same here.. any hotel recommendations? I'll probably drive up from the DC area. Guess I need to start getting serious about it now.

15. eggfooyoung

We stay at the Westin. Its a block from all the do's and dont's, with a Steak N Shake in the middle thats open until at least 5 am. Its a god damn grand set up we have goin. :D

16. Frenchier6

Frenchier6 I'm just being me

I'm in and looking forward to have a great time. I'll be there Thursday - Sunday. Can't wait

17. racertex

racertex vintage dude

i'll be there....good call moving it across the street later (i assume you are talking about the irish joint and not the dance club right?).

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Correct.

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

If the AngryMidget would answer messages, I may be in too....

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Which angry midget? We kind of have a surplus of them :D