1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BeaveRun roll call

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave_SV, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Ryan636

Ryan636 Well-Known Member

I've never had too much of a problem exiting T8. Just a decent *bump* that you kind of surf over. *shrug*

T11 outside surprised me. Quite a few times I got something in between head shake and a tank slapper...

T1 bump is quite noticeable and unnerving when you are on the brakes...It only seems to extend over 2/3rds of the track from the inside.

2. APCh8r

APCh8r Well-Known Member

Any updates on how things are going out there?

- How is the weather, hopefully you guys got some clear weather instead of all the rain we are getting.
    - How is the turn out?
    - Any updates on the bumps that Aaron was talking about?

3. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Weather was beautiful all weekend. Few sprinkles during the very last race, that was it. Turnout was pretty weak. Bumps were there, but tolerable... but it was my first time to br.... nice place!

4. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

I was going to come but thought I would just get rained on the whole time.

5. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

Where the hell was everyone?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  6. jsmalnar

jsmalnar III_I

Great weekend except for my get-off in T10. Thanks to Robert, Ben, John and the Michelin Guy (never caught his name) for your help getting the bike back together. Snagged me a first later on in the day :up:.

Dave, we have the technology. We can rebuild her.

7. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

fun weekend, but a light turnout. The bumps were bad but could live with it. The front had some bumps cresting the hill until I found a smooth line

8. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

Perfect weather, bumps were nothing. Turn one bump really wasn't much of a factor unless you were bombing up the inside. Normal line you hit it while still vertical, so no worries there. Easily the lightest attended race event I have ever been too. If you didn't come out, you missed out. Glad they didn't call the event at that pre riders meeting meeting saturday morning!

9. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Yea anyone who did not come out because of the weather should really be kicking themselves! The weather was perfect. I know people who came up from Pittsburgh in the morning said it was raining there but it never rained at the the track.
    Was once again a fairly light turn out.
    -Greg Winslow I think had the fastest times of the weekend last time I checked running low 58's.
    -Blake Kelly had some 59's for sure and did i think like 9 or 10 races between that Triumph and his R6! He grabbed a couple wins.
    -Brad Burns and I had a great solo race together! He held on for the win.:beer: I know Brad was running 59's all weekend and had a couple wins.
    For myself I had two 1st place finishes and 2 second place finishes. I finally got my suspension issues sorted after I made some BIG changes. Bike finally felt "right" this year.
    Huge thanks to Tom Hughey of "Hughley Suspension":D for all the suspension help.
    Note: The "Hughley Suspension" name is an inside joke. If you get it you will get it if not oh well. Lol.

Ride safe,
    AAron

10. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I had very little to compare it to, but it did seem like attendance was low.

First race weekend in the books, and I'm officially as average as I thought I'd be. Ha!

Jeremy, nice meeting you and congrats on the win. It wasn't until the last race of the day that I put your bike with your leathers and realized we'd talked in the pits a bit.

Dave, I hope your frame is straight and you can get the bike back together. It sucked to not have you on the grids for the Sunday races. You were moving pretty good for a guy who had never seen that track before.

11. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Thanks for the well wishes fellas. Jeremy I heard about your desire to get up close and personal to the pavement, glad you were able to get the bike back up and running :)

I took off the parts last night, frame and forks look straight and so does the front wheel. I am trolling ebay and forums now for a ram air tube, fairing stay, speedo and rear wheel. Besides that I have the tank, subframe and miscellaneous pieces so I should be back out at Summit to dice it up again with you jokers :up:

12. JJJerry

Good to know! Glad you'll be back out there!

13. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

The 2t life

The weekend was fun even though thing did not work out for me. Second lwt practice was the first time this year I felt like I was okay on a bike again.
    I really enjoyed seeing the lwt EX riders roll thru :bow:
    I am pretty sure my little cup bike could do that pace, I just need to ride better everywhere.

then
    Lwt solo was going well until...

I had a few spare pistons so
    I ran a few errands to find muratic acid and q tips and distilled water and some gasket paper in the hopes that I could clean up the cylinder.

In the light of sunday morning, it was apparent that the cylinder had some gouges and I was going to be a spectator.

I still had fun meeting some new folks

Pitting next to Frenchy was :beer:

Now it is time to rebuild and get ready for grattan:up:

Attached Files:

14. jsmalnar

jsmalnar III_I

Thanks Chris! Good meeting you too, are you going to make it out to the Summit round next?

Haha, yeah I was getting jealous. Same exact place and manner that I crashed the SV last year. :bangheadonwall: Robert and Ben jumped in to help out right away. Big :up: to Robert for telling me to sit down and relax. :bow: Thanks man.

I told you that you would be back. :Poke:

15. JJJerry

That's a bummer! Another bike out there on Sunday would have been nice. I heard you and Mike were stalking me pretty good during the LWT solo. He almost got me in the LWT SS race! I'll introduce myselft at Grattan, it will be a good time.

16. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

highly unlikely, but maybe. I have a final Saturday morning at 8:30. It will be done by 1:30, and I could roll out and get there, but I've never turned a wheel at Summit. The prospect of racing after only a few practice sessions on sunday morning is scary to say the least.

but never say never.

17. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

hope you liked the music all weekend :D

18. JJJerry

Hell yes! I'm gonna find you at Grattan and pit by you guys again so we can get the soundtrack.

19. xn85turbo

xn85turbo Well-Known Member

No problem, best not to try and fix anything when you’re that mad. I just wanted to see you back on the grid so we could have some fun. Glad you got the win at the end of the day; sorry I couldn't stay to see it I had to get JR back home at a reasonable hour.

I had a great time dicing it up with Kris and Joe from the North Central region in CSS (I look forward to our next round at BeaveRun). Joe and I raced to the line for a .1 second decision, some really good passing going on out there.

I look forward to the next round at Summit.

20. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Looking forward to it.

yeah I was working on a plan to get by you but those pesky diesels kill me coming off slow corners.

See you at Grattan