1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novice racer in Expert Practice?

Discussion in 'General' started by dean dufrene, Apr 4, 2011.

1. GixxerRacer371

GixxerRacer371 Well-Known Member

The way I see it is that these clowns are showing the organization, the racer and race day staff that they have absolutly 0 respect for them, their rules and their safety. :down: If I were running the show I would have sent them home for the weekend to let them think about their stupidity.... but hey this is all just "Hypothetical" and didn't actually happen at a race last weekend somewhere in the USA. :rolleyes:

2. Whoop

Whoop Whoopies Race School

Come Dean, we know who you're talking about.
    To put it in perspective. It's a top Novice thats always on the Podium and passing the back of the expert pack. Just trying to get some practice in. He could easily bump to expert. Not that it's right but it's practice. There are many experts in expert practice that are way to slow to be expert anyway.

3. Whoop

The Friday before the CMRA race weekend that is ran by LSTD has 3 groups. Expert, Novice, and street group. In expert group there are always many novices and street guys in there slowing everybody up.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

did he request the bump and get turned down?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What's funny is I've had Novices ask to run the Expert practice and allowed it. No need to try and scam the system...

6. Trimmed Jennis

Trimmed Jennis Well-Known Member

your thread didn't last very long. :crackup:

7. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

And smaller displacement bikes with bigger displacement bikes.:up:

8. TeleRomeo

TeleRomeo Wanna go WFO?!

This is how I see it...

The integrity of the rider shows to be flawed. If a fellow rider stoops to this kind low, whats not to assume he will ride dirty during the race. I would say race suspension 1st time around, then removal or ban for the year 2nd offense.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, all depends on the circumstances.

10. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Can I practice with the novices at Nelson Ledges?????

11. Tracee Polcin

All you have to do is ask.;)

12. TeleRomeo

TeleRomeo Wanna go WFO?!

I have heard of this as well... Whats the worse they would say, NO? I agree, no need for scams...

13. GixxerRacer371

I didn't even have time to get my :Pop: out!

14. Whoop

He was bumped last year but he hasnt raced much still being in highschool. Also everytime he did really well he also crashed. And his father felt he didnt have enough experience to be bumped to expert. So the CMRA reviewed it and agreed he could stay novice to get more experience.

15. Tracee Polcin

That is flawed logic IMHO, you gain experience by being out with people who are faster than you.

16. GixxerRacer371

Now that I actually know who it was.... I am surprised and disapointed. I am sure if the race director was approached and asked if they could ride in the expert group he would have allowed it.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There's speed experience and there's not tossing yourself down the road experience....

18. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Hey while we are talking pracitce and bumps and such, I wondered (more out of curiosity than anything) can a rider who is signed up to race in a higher displacement class as well as his own (example, me on a 600, but also racing 750s) practice in BOTH 600s and 750 practices if they were so inclined to do so?

19. Tracee Polcin

Those go hand in hand in my book.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We're reading different books then. I've seen a lot of riders who could go fast and put down good times - right up until they were down.