1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Officer James Stewart

Discussion in 'General' started by hdrk2006, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Rx3

Rx3 1%

Bubba's dad is going to KILL him.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Kind of a bummer that he's sponsored by them, and now its going to end up on the auctioning block

http://www.toyotaescondido.com/tesn/james-stewart.html

3. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

4. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

6. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Interesting post in the Road RacerX comments section about someone seeing him do this at Daytona...

"Meck wrote:
    about 11 hours ago
    I think I saw him doing this in Daytona also...Remember Alessi pulling over for him???"

Who knows if its true but if he did this in the paddock/around events/etc its gonna come out...

Ride safe,
    AAron

7. Transelement

Transelement pro set miner

So you're telling me there's a way to mount flashing police lights and pull people over that at the same time isn't considered impersonating police? :confused:

8. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

agreed! king of dumbasses here.:up:

9. wbeck257

wbeck257 Active Member

He was talking about when Alessi pulled over for him in the whoop section thinking JS7 was lapping him -- not passing him for 9th.

10. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

:bow:

Got ya... not the worlds biggest Dirty bike fan here...
    I just think eventually it will come out it happened b4...

Ride safe,
    AAron

11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Eric,

Stewarts passenger was a Man..."Personal Assistant"....44yrs old.

There were Two off duty Florida State Troopers and One Sherrif's Depuity..in the car that slowed and pulled over.

Unless I, can't read or misunderstood your post.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  12. KILLA1

KILLA1 Orange Suzuki = MY HERO

what a total jackass :D

13. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

That's what doesn't make sense. He had the lights on in the vehicle, pulled along side the car, the people in the car made it known that they were police, Bubba sped off. Unless he was also in a police uniform or did actually stop the car and acted like a cop, where did he impersonate an officer? What he did was covered under that one statutes. Not saying that what he did wasn't right and he shouldn't be punished, but those charges make no sense.

"when he tried to stop another vehicle using red and blue police-type lights, troopers said."
    "As Stewart pulled alongside the vehicle, the driver identified himself as a law officer. That's when Stewart, who had a passenger in the pickup, sped off, the highway patrol said."

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Intent.

Clearly by using the Red/Blue light, he was trying to make the people in the car think it was a LEO in the truck wanting them to pull over.

Any intelligent person knows that flashing lights of that color is an indicator that it is suppose to be a LEO, and will pull over, Including these 3 who were off duty.

15. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Dude's just a Cartman fan, chill ya'll

After reading the Racer X deal, and seeing the cops vid, I think he'll be walking w/ a hefty fine, might even do a benefit at the "Florida Boys Ranch"

PS Why does "The Florida Boys Ranch" sound so, so horribly wrong?

Attached Files:

16. Saltman

Saltman Curves Are Sexy

Geez. Alot of hate in this thread. The guy tried a stupid prank and got busted for it. Big deal. He wasn't trying to hurt anyone and didn't have any malicious intent. And I personally hope that his punishment isn't too bad - as long as he gets a decent lawyer. You guys are so up in arms about it and there's a lot more stuff going on in the world with other famous people (so-called "roll models") that really do call for such "hang him" mob attitudes. Baseball players are juicing and lying about it, rock and movie stars are doing coke and all kinds of other felonies, and your average joes are out getting busted for DUI's. Heck I'm sure some of you have been in trouble with the law before. At 25, you don't always make wise decisions. Give the guy a break. He flipped on some lights and drove down the street. Whoop-ti-doo. :rolleyes:

17. 178SV

178SV now retired...

Here's my problem with the story. To me, pulling someone over implies getting them to stop with you on the side of the road and pretending to be a cop. That's weird.

Posing as an emergency vehicle to get someone to move over so you can speed by is a lesser crime in my mind.

so listen (read). Why didn't the off duty cop let Stewart pull him over, get out of the car, and perform an arrest on the side of the road? He flashed his badge when Stewart pulled alongside?(huh?)

You mean he flashed his badge as Stewart went flying by and then called in a speeder impersonating an officer.

18. Saltman

Saltman Curves Are Sexy

I think that's EXACTLY what happened. The stories have too many holes in them. Why would he see a cop and speed off? Wouldn't that be an attempt to evade the police?

19. SmokeDog34

SmokeDog34 Well-Known Member

Not just a crime , But a FELONY !!!
    So when will this kick ass truck go on the auction block ???

20. breaux

breaux Well-Known Member

You need to watch the video posted earlier. It states exactly what happened.

The cops actually pulled to the side of the road and stopped.

Stewart pulled up next to them and his passenger started yelling at them to slow down.

Cop showed his badge and Stewart took off.

Stewart actually pulled them over then stopped to yell at them for speeding.

This wasn't flashing the lights to get them to move over. It was an actual traffic stop.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011