Big thanks to Russell Masecar

Discussion in 'General' started by Bird, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Bird

Bird Well-Known Member

Not many people would offer you their spare bike to race against them. Especially after seeing the twisted hunk of metal the used to be your own bike, and not just a piece of crap spares bike but one capable of winning.

So once again thanks Russell for letting me be a part of the races and not just a spectator.

Tim Birdsong

2. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Russell is good people, no doubt about that!

3. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

Anyone who's been racing SV's in the NE/MA regions for more then a year or two has had at least one race weekend saved by Mr. Masecar. I've over heard someone say that they don't bring spares when they know Russ is comin :)

4. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

There might not, in fact, be a SV in the NE/MA region that doesn't have a part on it that came from Russell... :D

5. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

:stupid:

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Damn you guys were flyin' on those Masecar bikes. 17s on stock SVs is hauling. :bow: Good job all around Tim. Quick thinking into T1 in practice on Friday, could've been bad if you hadn't gotten that thing grounded so quickly... Look fwd to seeing you guys next time.

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

That's how Steve Clarke used to feel when we raced SV's :D
    Yup, Russel rented me his SV1000 so I could collect last place Suzuki Cup
    $$ at the GNF. I rode that thing like a little bitch, afraid to crash that beauty.:rock:

8. kaoyagi

kaoyagi Well-Known Member

It's Russell's fault that I'm racing SV's. He let me borrow one of his bikes at a trackday when I had a mechanical issue with my bike. Got hooked and ended up buying that bike later that year.

9. Russell Masecar

Russell Masecar Well-Known Member

Good fun......FAST ASS SV650's FOR SALE!!!!!!

10. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Back in 2006 I was having a really good season racing in 'that other organization' and it was the last race before the season finale at Daytona. I was at VIR and got pushed wide in turn 1 and went down on my right shoulder, really messing it up pretty bad. Russell (and my friends) packed up my fifth-wheel RV and Russell drove it (not even sure if he'd done that before with such a big trailer) to my house. I learned of this later, after my four-day hospital stay, and for this, and his continued friendship, I will always say he corners low. He ain't bad at that cerebral sudoku stuff either, he was playing that on the plane to/from Istanbul, Turkey, for a Cornerspeed teaching gig and for the life of me I couldn't get good at it, but he was breezing through it like first-grade spelling. Smart, stand-up guy. Who corners low.

11. bossbusa

bossbusa Quick Member

Props to Russell - a great guy for sure.
    Props to Bird for surviving a turn one mayhem with no brake lever, then running Russell's borrowed stock SV into the low 17's! Skillz.

12. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

Russell let me ride his bike a few times.

What an idiot. LOL

13. rcmike917

rcmike917 Well-Known Member

Masacar is one of the best guys out there. Helped me out A LOT years ago when I had money to race. Not many people will let you race one of their bikes just to see if you like it or not. Made props to Russell, now if I could just get some money to buy an sv.....

Mike

14. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Masecar is the man and an awesome competitor too! I wanna thank you as well for allowing my teammate to borrow your hot rod so we race together! Its always fun times when the three of us can find the limits of a stock SV, pushing each other with clean racing, and the end results are always unexpecting fast ass lap times! Thanks again hommie, and good job Birdsong!

15. phillip doyle

phillip doyle Well-Known Member

You guys better quit or Russell will have to buy a new LARGER helmet! And you know how he feels about spending money.

16. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

god, that poor little SV... have you no heart, man?! :Poke: :D

17. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Russell is dreamy. Pretty good on on the microphone too standing on the top of the Endurance podium.

-steve

18. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Lol, my wife still doesn't believe me that he has a degree from Georgia Tech...

:D

19. Russelicious!

20. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Don't let him break in Cup bikes. ;)

Russell Masecar has good initials, too. And a degree from a fine drinking institution.