1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losail, Qatar | MotoGP 2011 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, Mar 17, 2011.

1. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Times are fast... Top 4 under 1.56

Ready for the race.

2. cgordon3

ok.... I'll find out what I missed, but WTH???

all that build up, and he isn't even there to ride? DAMN!!!

3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I guess I never noticed before, but are Stanley and Dewalt new sponsors for CE? Those seem like typical front-row Nascar sponsors to me (dont watch it).

That's really cool that those compaies are getting invoved with MotoGP. What's the connection? Are those tools popular overseas? At least Dewalt is made overseas now, don't know if they're sold over there though. No trying to get political, just wondering if Jim or anyone else has some insight on what I would guess are primarily Amercian consumed/used tool companies sponsoring a rider in a sport that has a fairly limited American audience.

Cool either way.

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I believe Dewalt was a sponsor last year as well. Not sure about in 09.

Edit: Looks like 09 was the first year.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  5. speedybee43

speedybee43 Well-Known Member

Whats up with Kenan Sofuoglu? I thought that he would be closer to the front...

6. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Stanley Dewalt is same parent company. Been on the Tech 3 bikes for a few years now.

7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Ah. I managed to miss that somehow. I wonder if that sponsorship advertising money is aimed at snagging the American consumer, or worldwide?

8. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Supposedly Hopkins is on a plane to get back to Qatar. Not sure how much truth is in that, seeing how Suzuki probably doesn't even have a complete bike there right now.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

10. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Perhaps that would have been better termed a "fiery disposition" then? Maybe "Colin lights up Qatar"? "Edwards smokes the competition in FP1"!

11. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Believe it's worldwide. They had a big setup in the public vendor at Valencia with a Tech 3 bike out there and all this jazz.

12. cgordon3

just finished watching FP3. Stoner is scary fast on that Honda

13. TStinson

TStinson Well-Known Member

Pedrosa is riding harder and getting the bike looser than I have ever seen. Stoner seems to have given some extra motivation.

14. CP10R

CP10R Im here to party!!

he killed it on a notoriously hard bike to ride (according to anyone who has ever ridden the DUC), its going to be interesting to see Stoner out there on the honda this season.

15. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Moto2 qualifying on now.

16. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

What does the little helmet mean on the motogp.com live timing?

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Which color? They normally indicate either best personal time or fastest overall time.

18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

blue helmet means fastest lap for that rider. Red helmet means fastest lap overall (in the splits that is).

Edit Too slow

If you watch the live timing there are three splits. If the split is grey it means it is slower than that riders best. If it is blue, it is the best for the rider. If it is red, that rider is the fastest through that section.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  19. ED_006

ED_006 Well-Known Member

Come on Nick. 14th is just not good for him.

20. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Stoner into the 54's with a 1:54:841!

The back of Hayden's Duc looked very loose, like there is no damping at all just a spring.
    Rossi back in the pits and no look 'appy