Mongo: Quick Admin question

Discussion in 'General' started by cincykid, Feb 4, 2011.

1. cincykid

cincykid Well-Known Member

Is there any way to make it so the person who started a thread could also delete it later on. My main example would be crap that you had for sale that sold, so instead of just posting "sold" and it still appearing in searches, you could just delete the thread without bothering you to ask you to delete it for us. Just askin. Thanks!

2. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

My thought would be that is is set up the way it is so you have to "own your words" on here and can never delete them. Basically you are "permanently" attached to the items you sell or things you say. If the seller could delete his "for sale" thread at any time, it would be a scam artist's dream. It would also probably cause some confusion for honest buyers/sellers as well...

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No, no way to do it without allowing people to say something and then run back and change it on other parts of the BBS. It keeps the trolling in line to an extent.

You have two options:
    1) list the item as sold and live with it.
    2) PM me, with a link to the thread and the reason you want it deleted and I'll get to it when I have a chance. And to be honest, I'm pretty backed up with shit at the moment and it may take me a day or four.

DO NOT PM me asking me to delete your thread and not include a link and a reason. I'm not Gawd and can't read your mind on which you want gone.

So, to answer the question again in one word: No.

4. seatec

seatec Member

Only if you put it in the subject line. The rest you can edit.

5. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Parts sold is a running history of how you do business.
    Before I get into something, I check the history. The nicest guy in the paddock could be an unrelenting dick when dealing in $$.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and FYI, if it's deleted it doesn't mean it's 100% gone. "you" f@ck someone and think your trail is clean, it ain't. ;)

7. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

I think he has some remorse from this thread and poll he started:

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=281061

If his wife is checking phone records, emails and FB, she probably checks this forum also...

Sounds like a trust issue and some issues that probably shouldn't have been asked about on a public forum...

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And make sure you only PM Dave. It increases your chances of success by 100%.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Shitdamnf@ckpoopcannon! I should have volunteered Papa but I posted my offer of helpfulness while still high on Capt'n cruntch.

No no no, PM Papa. He likes being helpful. In fact, he lives for shit like that!

10. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

im still fairly new, but i have heard multiple PMs, generally twice an hour until your problem is resolved, is the best way to get things done. :D

11. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Hey newbie......... Have you been banned yet?

12. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Fixed. :D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. Allowing that allows for deleting or editing the other threads and I'm still a big fan of stupid shit you say should stay for as long as the bbs exists. I don't even edit or delete my own stupid.

However we are working on a whole new classifieds deal which will allow for more options for the poster.

14. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

not yet, strangely, i read those "sticky" things that say "rules" on them before posting. cant figger out why i havent had a vacation in the last 2 years... :D

15. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

For about 5 minutes, newbie. Then it's locked. 5 mins gives you enough time to correct grammatical errors (for some reason I always notice them after I've posted, but not while composing the message) and to maybe nuke an entire paragraph of full-on retard if you suddenly have an attack of sanity.

You have to own your words on this board.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

30 minutes actually.

17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

We should allow you a special exception. It's for the good of the business after all. :D