1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anybody know deadbeat racer Bill Kotinek or his wife Mary Kotinek #187?

Discussion in 'General' started by D-Swens, Nov 11, 2010.

1. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

being recognized as a legal business and not having ins or lawsuit protection are two entirely different things, its very simple just ask any state or federal IRS agent what constitutes a legal business. but anyway that could be a whole new topic, so i'll just say that much about it

2. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I understand that but your ability to collect and the laws regarding that are different between an individual and a legal entity. Thats the point of the post.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

threads like this make me sad :(

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

as someone who has persued those deadbeats in a legal, business like manner. Its not worth the effort.
    I can collect judgements all day long (at my expense)... then sell them for about $.12 on the dollar on notes worth $1,000 or more.

5. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Was as much as their personal and private info posted as possible?

Phone numbers, e-mail, work names and numbers, address, ect. Maybe bored BBS members could make their lives a little more interesting?

Theives really are one of the lowest forms of life.

6. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Unbelievable how anyone can be this despicable.

7. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?p=3297750#post3297750

8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

You're avatar makes me smile. :)

9. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

Im in on the airfence donation Drew. I would like to see the power of the beeb unleashed to it's full potential. I think we've only seen the surface. :up:

I hope the Kotineks get their shit together and make it right.

10. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Some local youngsters I know on a car BBS here recently started "text bombing" - 1000's of texts to a known rip off artist....

Just sayin'..... ;)

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

You should be able to put a protest onthe check.

Take the check to the bank and get a document that certifies that yes it is NSF. Take the check and document to the sheriff office and file a protest. They will serve notice on the offender to either make the check right or the check writer gets brought in front of judge. It usually works. Good luck.

12. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Yet another reason to go to Indy this summer.

13. ONEDWN5UP

ONEDWN5UP Well-Known Member

How is it that we don't have a Wera Board member or someone in their area willing to make a house call? If I lived in the area I would assist you in a stolen property collection with the aid of the sheriff's department or police department. After you file proof of stolen property and designate a proxy (someone assisting you in the area) a warrant gets issued and the property is recovered. And you can still pursue them for NSF fees and the bounced checks if you're motivated.

I hate hearing about stuff like this. I hope it works out. It would be great if they whole bike was impounded as evidence and then they had to pay storage fees on it.

It's always one person that ruins it for everyone. Don't let it take away from you being a nice person, of which you obviously are.

14. dianhsuhe

dianhsuhe Well-Known Member

Read this whole thread...damn! Sorry to hear you still have not received your $.

I am heading over to Facebook...:Poke:

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Andrew, I know that this isn't any relief for your pocketbook but I can pretty well guarantee that sooner or later this kind of behavior will come back to this cheater twofold. I've known a few people like this in my lifetime and they always end up being the same. This guy is living large, spending all his money playing, buying toys and cheating people like you because of your trust. People like him can't help themselves. Sometime in the future (it might be a year, ten years, or longer, he'll look at himself in the mirror and realize what a total worthless person he is. Friends will have slowly drifted away because of the mistrust plus, it might be after his wife gets tired of putting up with his lies and cheating, but she will boot his ass to the curb also. Trust me, it will happen. :(

16. dianhsuhe

dianhsuhe Well-Known Member

Or he will try this crap with someone like me, who lacks the grace and character of Andrew and get's his ass beat...

17. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

+1000000 to all the above. I hate a thief. Nothing worse.

Hoping something good comes of this in at least some form or fashion.

18. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

Yes I am completely legal and legit, I'm not sure why people might have doubted that. This is my business and what I do for a living, and I have had a shop and storefront for a few years. I am actually in the process of most likely changing to an LLC, and undergoing some other changes this year to make growth/opportunity potential easier.

I appreciate the advice and options, and I will eventually head down those roads and take things as far as I have to. I'd like to keep things out of court if possible, and out of collections if possible as well, in order to try to actually collect as much as possible and not loose the large majority of my hard earned money to lawyers or collection co's. You are exactly right though, and I would rather eat the full amount and more through the legal process if that becomes my only option to see them PAY and receive justice at least...

Exactly. Because of those negatives, I will exhaust a long list of other collection options first, but I will make sure these assholes pay in some way or form, at whatever point that is, even if it means I get stiffed at .12 on the dollar. Thanks for the advice/imput.

Very true Mr Kruz. I'd rather not go down this road too much with this thread, as that was not really the original point, so we can leave it at that. But I do sincerely appreciate all the advice from all you guys who have been down these roads, and who have professional knowledge in dealing with these things.

19. D-Swens

haha, I like it. Yeah I think we've got all the info I know about covered...I'll see what else I find, but Derby just threw up the link...

Yeah, its a big complex world, some people surprise me with how rediculously cool and selfless they can be, and others can be tremendous douches and beyond despicable. Luckily, the MC community does a pretty good job running these people out. There are always new assholes popping their heads up, and they can usually take a few people for a ride here and there, but at least we can run them the fuck out after the fact before it goes too far. If you actually care about ridding on the track, its pretty stupid to start making enemies in a very small community...we'll see if they try to show back up this season...

Yeah me too. I'll be keeping up with it now, so hopefully we get to see the AFF benefit a little from the this...

20. D-Swens

Brilliant idea. Actually didn't think about that as a common trip, but I was seriously kicking around the dealer show anyway. If some of my "dealer" friends want to go, I think that'd be a great excuse to make a side trip. We'll see...

Great advice. The out of state issues if making it difficult. I have had several conversations with their local law enforcement, and it seems this is doable, but it is complicated and probably involves a lawyer on my end pushing things to get done. I'm keeping this option on the back burner and if push comes to shove, this is one of the best options to see some action...

Thanks

Thanks a lot for the thoughts/words, my sentiments exactly. Things like this ALWAYS come back around, ...at some point. To be honest I really just want to get paid because I needed the money, and I also want people like this to get the hell out of motorcycle racing, which I think will happen.

Haha, that is an issue that you won't ever see me post anything public about, for obvious reasons, but if this guy stays in racing and trackdays over the years, I'd imagine he and I will get the chance to "talk things out" in person in the not too distant future.

Thanks for the kind words though...