1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopper to BSB?!

Discussion in 'General' started by GSVR 946, Dec 8, 2010.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

Ding, ding. Round one. :D

2. glenngsxr

glenngsxr Well-Known Member

At any rate, whatever little respect I had for Hopper is right out the effin window. I hope he never gets employed in the paddock again.

3. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

I paid Holden for substituting. He did a great job and was a pleasure to work with.

4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Will CU run a full schedule next year and do the 2 up promo's? It's a good bit seeing the faces of the press riders after they come in! :D

5. Chip

Chip Registered

After all these years you would think that you would learn to stay out of these conversations.....:crackup:

6. julrich

Eslick has a contract to ride an RMR Suzuki in Sportbike.

Yeah I got the PM, stay tuned.

7. julrich

That's what CU keeps saying!:D

8. Chip

Chip Registered

CU is a smart guy when he says the same things as me.....:D

9. julrich

Yes he will.

10. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

It isn't even amazing how wrong I was on this.

It's a gift...what can I say.

11. julrich

I could say the same thing, in a way...

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

So.

He is going to BSB or not?

13. got40

got40 On hiatus...

Racing is business. If I did a business deal with someone who looked me dead in the face and "misled" me, I would be most professional in summarily stomping the crap out of them.

My respect for Hopper has def dropped a few notches after reading this. Jeez the stuff you don't see on TV....

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm not 100% that we're not being messed with. JU doesn't generally give up info this easily..............

How many martinis did you have with lunch today Mr. Ulrich?

15. 418

418 Expert #59

He sounded dead serious to me.

16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

It's horrible that the guy was so desperate for a ride that he would backstab you and betray your lifelong relationship like that. I hope he has the character to make it up to you one day outside of a professional capacity.

I would say Hopper's on the downslope of his career, not because of diminishing ability or drive but because I can't see how it's possible to take the beatings that he has on the track and still be fit to ride, regardless of the quality and quantity of the medical care.

17. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

We can all get things wrong!

Good on ya JU for giving the guy a chance, and trusting in him:up:

Maybe physical and FULL CHEMICAL drug usage testing would avoid shite in the future

If Hopper does get a chance in the BSB, if He -ucks any one around over there, he will be out on his arse ASAP, the Brits do not muck around

18. julrich

I don't drink.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  19. julrich

Uhhh, thanks?

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Well it's a shame that it went south like that then. When he signed I figured it was sort of a charity/get back on the horse kind of deal. Something along the lines of: he brings the Monster $$$ and in return gets to stay active on a racebike instead of fading off into oblivion. I wouldn't have guessed that he'd have lied about his health, but at the same time, if he WAS actually 100%, why didn't he stay in WSBK?