1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopper to BSB?!

Discussion in 'General' started by GSVR 946, Dec 8, 2010.

1. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

Rumor mill is running strong that hopper is on his way to BSB?

JU, that true?!

2. SurfingRools

SurfingRools Well-Known Member

last i heard it was red bull rookies cup

3. r1ryder424

r1ryder424 Well-Known Member

i thought it was the new junior european cup with the 250 ninjas, hope he doesn't high side one of those

4. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I'm pretty sure that JU said he's under contract...that this year was a get acquainted year and heal up year...so he can go after it next year in AMA.

Appologies to JU on my paraphrasing and possible complete mis-truths.

and shit

5. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

I didn't even know there was anything wrong with him until after the AMA Pro race weekend at Fontana when he told CU he was getting what turned out to be the first of two mid-season wrist surgeries.

I did a good-faith deal with him based on being told that he was in the same condition as he was when he was getting on MotoGP podiums in 2007. I thought he was ready to win AMA Pro Superbike races in 2010.

That's not how it turned out and I won't be working with him again.

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Ka-fuggin-boom!!!!

7. H8R

No shit!

8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

:eek:

9. julrich

I've know that kid since he was 8. Never did anything but try to help him.

It was hard to take being looked square in the eye and (to put it politely) misled.

10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Dayum.....

11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Seems odd he would pull that one. But then again, I'm never surprised at what people do these days.

12. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

13. julrich

I learned a disappointing and valuable lesson.

I will never sign a contract with a rider again, before sending them off to a doctor of my choice for an objective evaluation.

14. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Could it have been a wrist issue that arose mid-season? Could your unbaised doctor located such an issue?

15. Jim McDowell

Jim McDowell Hoping to pass tech

Zemke can ride a Suzuki and he's healthy.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm going to need a fuggin atomic fallout suit and bunker after this one. Damn.

17. julrich

Based on what he said in interviews after getting the two mid-season surgeries, he had the problem and associated extreme pain prior to signing the contract. He said afterwards that his wrist lacked so much mobility and had so little range of motion that at the first couple races he had to put his palm flat on the top of the twist grip and pull his hand back to work the throttle, vs. a normal twist of the wrist.

Not sure how a guy can not know he has a problem like that. And he never said a word to me about it.

In a post-2010-season interview with Pit Pass Radio, he said his wrist was now at 70%.

So yeah, I'm guessing the guys I use could detect that sort of reduction in wrist function and range of motion.

Your results may vary.

18. H8R

Good call.

19. ton

ton Arf!

:crackhead:

20. LWGP

LWGP Well-Known Member

the desire to remain in the circus and part of the show is very strong and overwhelms logic and loyalty.