1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smartphones

Discussion in 'General' started by RM Racing, Aug 30, 2010.

1. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Really fed up with my iPhone, what's the scoop on really good smartphones with good GPS apps and such? Droid?

2. cjimenRR

cjimenRR Well-Known Member

After finally reaching my boiling point with att shitty service, bad customer service and outrageous fees I cancelled my contract with att and sold my iphone 4 on ebay and returned to my beloved Sprint. I ordered the new Samsung Epic 4g which is suppose to be faster than the sprint Evo, mine should arrive tomorrow

3. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

anybody have the new blackberry torch? any good/bad on those?

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Sure...buy one of those if you want the latest greatest phone from 3 years ago.

5. ccmhunt

ccmhunt Well-Known Member

droid inc.

6. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

Droid X here. Longtime smartphone user. Came from Palm then tons of blackberry's.

The Droid X is the most badass device I've ever owned.

7. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I have a Blackberry Storm 2 and I love it. But get an Android based phone.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I went from a stupid phone to a somewhat smart phone, LG Ally because I really liked the keyboard on my previous LG Envy. So far I have not been disappointed, but my perspective is limited.

9. Reckless_Kelly

Reckless_Kelly Well-Known Member

EVO Here, I've played with the Epic, and I really can't see a difference in performance.

10. 178SV

178SV now retired...

What is it you don't like about your iPhone?

11. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

EVO here too. Love everything but the battery life. Ordered an extra battery for like 3 bucks, problem solved!

12. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

My droid 2 is doing me right.

13. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I have an iPhone 3G and until the update to the 4.0 software it was great. Now it freezes up alot!!!!

I just got a new job with a company that uses Verizon, so goodbye iPhone. Not sure what phone choices I will have if any. My dad has a droid based phone and they seem pretty good.

Hoping I don't get an old blackberry or something.

14. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

the new one that just came out? or you just mean the tech behind it is old news? it seemed pretty nice compared to my iphone 3g that im currently running.

15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Blackberry is lagging greatly...even the newest OS from them is something others were doing 3 years ago.

16. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Like I said, I am really hoping I do no get a blackberry next week. Going into Verizon tomorrow to browse the options

17. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Did you load 4.0.1 or 4.0.2?

18. ronaldo9

ronaldo9 Well-Known Member

If you guys have ATT and don't want the Iphone I've been very pleased with my HTC Aria. It uses Android OS 2.1 and very snappy I might add. ATT also offers the Captivate which is the Samsung Galaxy S if you want to spend more money. In addition, there is always the Nexus One and the HTC Desire (available in Canada but will work in the US - supposed to be really really good).

19. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

I've got an HTC Incredible through Verizon. Awesome phone! I just downloaded swype for it yesterday, friggin sweet!

20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I've been waiting for this kind of phone from T-Mobile. Word though is the phone isn't good. Slow, buggy and awkward from someone I talked to with it. Try it yourself, but it sounds like Blackberry's first attempt here might need some work.

I'm a diehard Blackberry guy, but I think I'm going to have to go the Droid route. My wife has the new Samsung Vibrant and the phone is quite impressive.