1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ridesmart won't let me self tech so I'm taking my ball and going home

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by corvette95, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

2. GixxerRacer371

GixxerRacer371 Well-Known Member

DAMN... How did I miss this thread!! lmao good stuff!

3. cromer611

cromer611 Well-Known Member

maybe the "egregious error" was the employee calling him mam cuz from the back he looks like a woman? just sayin, we've all had those moments or had someone in the car when your driving, and next thing you know the chick pedaling her bike turns out to be a dude with long hair.
    no homo

4. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

5. dipppster

dipppster Well-Known Member

I'm the Tech who committed the "agregious" (gotta love that word) error.

ME: "Sir because the chain is so slack its resting on the bodywork I'm concerned its actually gonna send bits flying so could you please tighten it a little"

Corvette: "but thats the way I ride"

Me: "I understand, i like to ride mine loose as well and you ARE in the expert group and your bike is obviously well prepped but I still need you to tighten it"

Corvette: "but thats the way I ride"

me: "let me be clear - if you dont make the adjustment I cant let you out there".

corvette: " why do gotta be like that? (lips quivering, eyes twitching, chest puffing)

me: "look, is it that hard? I've got tools right here, we can do it now"

corvette: "I'm outta here!" (storms off in a huff)

1 minute later.... corvette returns walking straight up to me looking like he's gonna pop and raises a hand at me.

me: "back up sir"

corvete: "what?" (still coming at me lookin like he wants to sucker punch me)

me: "i said back up now!"

corvette: "well I was gonna apologize, but now I'll just say F-off!" (then 5 minutes later wants to speak with the "director")

I wish Corvette well in his endeavors. Meanwhile I will continue to work hard at making every one of our customers have the best experience possible. I tech and ride at 40 or more of our events every year and have never EVER had a negative experience with a customer when teching, so I was really concerned that this guy might somehow make it onto the track and put my "family" at risk. Dont mess with my family dude.
    Dave Wonders has often been accused of being too generous - but thats not a bad quality to have in a boss. And I've been to several track orgs in TX and none of us run an absolutely perfect event. But I'm at every post - Track - day - dinner where we discuss how the day went and how to improve the next one - and we do get better every time. Thanx for all the supportive comments folks!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

[​IMG]

7. Jroctx

Jroctx Member

RideSmart is fair and provides excellent service. They offer some of the best trackday pricing in the country. By now, it has been exhibited that the OP insinuation that RS is not a quality school is unwarranted. I'm a satisfied customer, and more appreciative to see how this situation was handled. Having gone through many RS techs, these guys are not pricks, actually on the lenient side. As posted prior, I wouldn't mind seeing them tighten up the requirements to further ensure safety. If such tightening rid the track of reckless riders hooray!

8. Mikey75702

Mikey75702 Well-Known Member

I agree with the posters that have said that the chain should be slightly looser then spec. I set my chain to spec, and was told it was too tight. I asked how, and was told to watch. Had proper slack when on side stand, as that is how the manual says to set it. But when I bounced on the seat hard, I could get the slack to almost go away. So, now I run it a little looser.

9. Alwayslast179

Alwayslast179 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone should be able to "self tech" themselves onto the track.
    I would never join an organization did that. It is for your safety and those around you.

10. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

11. henrytwin

henrytwin Well-Known Member

That's an awesome video.

12. Ga-Bandit

Ga-Bandit Well-Known Member

:crackup: Starbucks Parking Lot?

I'm going to go bang my head against the wall.:beer:

I've read allot about RS on the TWT site. They always say good things about ya'll. Everyone has a bad day sooner or later but anyone who is that fragile has issues that need to be addressed prior to be allowed to track. I'm also glad I wasn't there at the time or I would have laughed so hard I wouldn't have made my first session either.

13. Redbird

Redbird Well-Known Member

Ever been to Jennings?

14. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

It seems the bigger issue here then the chain being too loose, is the fact that the guy got his emotions so jacked up over it that he couldnt possibly ride"like that". so what happens on the track when he has an issue with a close pass or something? this is the kind of cannon that shouldnt be on the track.

15. bella749

bella749 Well-Known Member

16. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

The jonny rock page thing is funny as shit.......

17. antirich

I think I'm going re-edit a new one based on a street squid.

With 9+ years of track days, I have endless material to work with ;-)

18. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Antirich! Priceless. Do another one.:bow:

19. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

Funny vid! Sad thing is, things like that actually do happen. Although at one particular day, substitute 200 hp Hyabusa for the Duc.

20. antirich

That's the plan :)