1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ridesmart won't let me self tech so I'm taking my ball and going home

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by corvette95, Aug 15, 2010.

1. corvette95

corvette95 Well-Known Member

I will keep this simple and to the point. People are always posting for recommendations on different track day groups. I signed up for my first time with Ridesmart at Barber. I am a regular at all the other orgs and a WERA member. I had the unfortunate experience to deal with a very unprofessional , technically lacking, member of the Ridesmart team today. The person not only did not know his technical issues, he was both insulting and rude for no good reason. Now I realize that 99 out of 100 people at Ridesmart are probably super people to deal with, the egregious error made by this one person ruined my entire day to the point I was unwilling to ride with an organization that employed such a person. I did speak to the event director Dave who took time to listen to what I had to say, completely agreed with me and apologized for his person and let me know that mine was not the only complaint against this one person. He did offer to resolve the issue in my favor as it should never had been an issue in the first place. I thanked him for his time and offer and said I was done with Ridesmart. From the other information I got , this person should not be involved with any track day organization and should have been terminated on the spot. I hope Ridesmart does that very thing at the end of today. So I loaded my bike and left, not wanted to ride all ticked off and my mind elsewhere. Again, had no other problems with Ridesmart and they are probably a good group collectively, for those who may do a search about track day organizations, I hope you take my first hand experience into account. Track day groups must be customer oriented, such as Nesba, STT, and certainly Ed Bargy. Just because a member is having a bad day, he needs to suck it up and not take it out on people that paid a premium to be at a "fun" track day.
    Ridesmart - two thumbs down.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  2. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Could you be a little more specific? How was this person's rudeness and unprofessionality manifested? What was his egregious error? If the event director offered to resolve the issue in your favor, then why are you still unsatisfied?

3. corvette95

corvette95 Well-Known Member

No, not going into specifics. My point is none other than my firsthand experience. Yes, it was settled in my favor. Point is, it should have NEVER EVER been an issue nor should I had to endure the verbal attack by their crew for what turned out to be his error. My day was ruined before it started and I chose to leave instead of riding with a pis*ed off mindset. That is my last comment on the matter. Consider it a review, you get both good ones and bad ones, this one was REALLY bad.

4. doc750

doc750 Well-Known Member

So one guy pissed you off, his boss agreed with you and offered you a solution. Therefore the logical conclusion here is that the track organization should be blacklisted.

5. dammyneckhurts

dammyneckhurts Well-Known Member

I dunno Chris.

Looks to me like the Ridesmart director did a good thing, I kinda take that as a positive....not a negative.

If as you say 99 out of 100 at Ridesmart are super to deal with, why let one jerk ruin your day when you were offered a solution?

And now that you have dragged Ridesmart through the dirt....when multiple people below me say the same thing as me, how are you going to react?

I do feel your pain though....I just came back from a track day where the two most stupid things I saw anyone do all day were both done by staff members....one of which almost took me out, she deceided to exit the track at the last second as I was passing her on the outside, the other almost took paint off my bike passing me.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

A bad assessment without a specific reason??

Tasty kool aid!!!

7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

A review good or bad, should include more specifics than something labeled as an "egregious error".

My question to the OP is if in fact you did speak with the director at the track on the day the situation occurred and the director dealt with the situation why post anything on a public forum?

I guess legal action is next, huh? :rolleyes:

8. TDA

TDA Active Member

No one will listen to this without knowing what happened.

9. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

This should get good. Details!!! We need them

10. White98z

White98z Member

I am a regular ridesmart rider. (they do a lot of track days in texas) But the only complaints i have ever had with ridesmart is that the do put a lot of people on the track at one time. The other one is there instructers seem to have no clue sometimes and its there way or no way and there always right. Have had my own problems with there employes. So i see where u are coming from. But to everyone i would still ride with them lots of seat time with good costs.

11. HiSpeed48

HiSpeed48 Well-Known Member

Just to point out one thing, this was Ridesmart's first time ever doing a trackday at Barber. The org operates primarily in Texas (99% of the time).

Not sure what your problem was, but if it was relating to the track in any way you have to understand that some of those "team members" might not have much experience with that track (if at all).

12. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Yea, unless we know more, he could have left an axle bolt off or just put your tech sticker on upside down.

Details please.

13. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

yep, until you let us know what happened and how it was resolved, your allegations are baseless and you're just another BBS crybaby.

14. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I, too am puzzled by this line of reasoning. You have a problem with one employee of the outfit, a supervisory level employee agrees with your side and offers a resolution in your favor and you want to blacklist the whole organization?

I also can't understand why a summary of the offense committed by the employee needs to be so hush hush unless it was something to the effect that he broke his promise not to cum in your mouth.

If he took a pair of diagonals and clipped your rear brake line to discourage you from using the rear brake on track I could see your point. If he told you your bike didn't pass tech because you had a Sportbike Track Time sticker on the side then all I can do is offer some cheese to go with that whine.

15. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:eek: No he di'ent :crackup:

16. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

" .... is offer some cheese to go with that whine"

That's a good one. :crackup:

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

He should run for public office.

18. sqrlnut

sqrlnut Well-Known Member

i was under the impression that all them guys are volinteers? i had a Tech guy at my track day tell me my chain was too tight and my nephews as well, when i sasked how loose he wanted it all he could say was looser, i explained to him what the specs were and he looked LOST! another guy saw what was going on, came over, looked and said ur fine, he thean looked at my nephews, realized his was tight (but was new) and explained to the other tech that it will streach within a few laps and we r novice, so he passsed both of us. I'm all for tech and being safe but this guy didn't have a clue, BUT he was a volinteer. he didn't by any means ruin our day :up:

19. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

20. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

:wow: you guys don't pull any punches...