1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trailer Organization Ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by fonz82, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Retz

Retz Well-Known Member

Have any of you guys used the Pitposse helmet bays (helmet sits in a square open shelf). I would like to use one, but I am afraid of transporting a helmet in the rack. It looks like it could bounce out very easily. Why have it if I can't transport with the helmet in the rack?

I was thinking I could use a cargo net (like the ones for the pax seat on a sportbike) to hold the helmets in place during travel. What do you guys think? Better ideas?

2. UberRacing

UberRacing Well-Known Member

I use one but I don't put my helmet in it, I use it for my boots, gloves and some misc stuff.

3. T-Roc

T-Roc Well-Known Member

where is the best place to get e-track?

4. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Just find a local trailer store. They'll have it. Even a semi truck dealer will usually have it.

5. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

I shopped around and actually found it pretty cheap at my local trailer shop. They have a website - croftrailer.com, but I doubt its worth the savings with shipping. I've gotten a some stuff at etrailer too. Don't know what their price on e track is, but they were competative on everything else.

The actual d rings were cheapest at Tractor Supply. If they have one in your area I've found lots of good trailer stuff there. When you do get e track, buy your nuts and bolts there. They sell them by the pound and its way cheaper than the hardware store.

6. Brian M

Brian M Well-Known Member

7. Waldo

Waldo Well-Known Member

I got my e-track at harbor frieght

8. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I have also seen it at Tractor Supply Store.

9. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

I was there last week.....I've always gotten the D rings there in the past, but the price has gone up a few bucks

10. noupf

noupf Well-Known Member

thanks for the great ideas guys. just picked up an enclosed 6x10 and needed some ideas to make it a useable trackday trailer

11. mgrant

mgrant Well-Known Member

If its close enough to the roof, it can't bounce out when transporting.

12. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I use the Gladiator Rack hanging baskets. Works great, and they're like $20. I can fit a helmet, a set of boots, and a pair of gloves. Or two helmets.

They're effin great.

I can post a pic tomorrow if you'd like.

13. CycleWorx Inc.

CycleWorx Inc. Well-Known Member

I use the same. Have my boots, helmet, and gloves in there and then I have one f their double hooks and I hang my suit on it via heavy duty hanger. They work awesome.

14. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

:stupid: I've got the basket like above, plus two medium hooks for stands & two deep hooks for tires. great stuff!~

15. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Rather than start a new thread, figured Id bump this up. My idea is to use ETrack, but I want to keep it flexible with bike configurations, is there any "temporary" wheel chocks that dont cost an arm and a leg? Id love a Pit Bull stand, but only one of the 3 bikes could use it. Basically looking for something that can be held down with pressure from the straps, but dunno if anything like that exists

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pingle was making a wheel chock that fit e-track but that's all I can think of.

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

http://mjmotogear.com/LOCKING-WHEEL-CHOCK-lg-chock.htm

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

19. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Probably a stupid question I know the answer to, but if I would need a chock of some kind, even if I did a 4 point tie down right? Can the wheels turn if they're tied off of the fork tubes?

20. JohnS

JohnS Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010