Race plastics out there that you can purchase, that are already painted?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rocky907, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Rocky907

Rocky907 GOT PUCKS?

Just wondering.....

I've seen a lot web sites that you can purchase race plastics, but their all unpainted. Obv I'm not looking hard enough, I guess. Is there any place I can purchase "Race" plastics that are already painted or already have a design on them?

A link or company name would be really helpfull.

Thank You

Rocky

2. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

All the new ones that I'm aware of are unpainted. If you were to buy a used set off of someone, then they might be painted....at least I think. I don't recall coming across new painted ones...good luck with your search.

3. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

4. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

They're on eBay all the time. They sound like a helluva deal when you look at the price (~$350 for a full set) and they look great.

Then you glance over and see that they ship from China and the shipping on them is another $350.

I doubt they hold up well under routine impact and abrasion testing either. I don't personally know anyone who has ordered these.

ETA: Here's a typical example

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  5. caboose

^^ Those arent race bodywork.

El Cheapo ABS plastic street kits. If you ever fell with those sets, they'd probably explode into 1000 pieces.

6. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Okay, the example I found wasn't race bodywork but the same folks do pimp both types. And I'm sure you're right about the self-destructing qualities of the product although I have yet to see the stuff in person.

7. caboose

I hadn't seen any race kits before, i was unaware they were available.

I had a set of their street stuff on my 10R last summer when i was still riding it on the street. For what i paid... they were ok.. i had them on the bike for about 1000 miles of riding (mostly at deal's gap) and they were already starting to crack at a few mounting tabs.

For that money, used race bodywork would by far be the best bet for the OP

8. Gorecki

Gorecki verwirrt und orientierung

Check out www.nicecycle.com

They've had good reviews and do fully done street and race skins. ;)

9. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Ive seen a set in person....
    They are great...
    Cost I hear is about $650-$700

It's on Ebay (can't access ebay from work)... shipped from China....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Rocky907

Rocky907 GOT PUCKS?

Thank You for this link. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for... They say right on their site, that they do any of the gfx in the "race/track" body work as well. :D

Does ANYONE know of anymore places like this?? It would be nice to see more designs.

11. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Nice cycle's stuff sucks, IMO......I can't tell you how many calls i've had from people that bought the ebay crap or nice cycle's crap and said "these suck, can I order some OEM street stuff?"

Best thing to do is going to get set-up with a painter and get a design set up via the forum, or email. There's plenty of reputable painters here, I bet NONE of them would have a problem with you ordering any kind of race bodywork you want, having it shipped to them for paint, and then from them to you.

Much better imo

12. CycleWorx Inc.

CycleWorx Inc. Well-Known Member

Another problem with the Nice Cycle stuff is they do not have a belly pan so it will not be race legal. The two side fairing just come together at the bottom. Just and FYI

13. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I have the Auctmarts chinese stuff on my wifes bike. Paid $550 or so shipped. Mounted up good, 5000 miles on it and it's been great. I wish they would start doing painted race plastics....

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Hotbodies I remember did it for a short while. It doesn't look like they have painted sets on their site anymore.

15. gixxerfever

gixxerfever Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  16. 178SV

178SV now retired...

Under browse on the left side

Race/Track fairings

No pictures but claims all designs available in race trim

17. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

18. Gorecki

Gorecki verwirrt und orientierung

Honestly I assumed nicecycle did race legal skins but never really looked at it in any detail cause they don't have my bikes listed. :rolleyes:

19. Rocky907

Rocky907 GOT PUCKS?

I wonder if the belly pan thing is only missing for a few dif models. So far it's the only place where I can find what I'm looking for...

idk, I figured, $600-$900 for fairings, another few hundered if not more for paint, then $ for shipping back and forth seems like a lot more than I wanted to pay then just pick up a pre-painted complete set and just getting it shipped directly to my door.

I know anything but OEM isn't going to fit right anyway but with a little shaving/cutting/drilling here and there I'm sure I can get it to fit enough for my liking on the track.

Thx everyone for the posts. Anyone else out there know anywhere else I can find stuff like nicecycles fairings?

20. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

WERA Classifieds. There are plenty of prepainted sets of bodywork there. One thing to consider: you might save $$$ up front by purchasing cheap race glass that's already painted, but how much is it going to cost you when you crash and the stuff explodes on impact? you'll be out $$$ for two sets of bodywork, I imagine. Buy good stuff like sharkskinz or Armor Bodies or even Hot Bodies & either pay someone to paint them for you, or spend $40 and spray bomb them. you'll save money in the long run; in this sport, being a cheap-ass is expensive.