Annoying commercials

Discussion in 'General' started by Spyderchick, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Don't ask me why, but the
    IliveIrideIam...Aaaaaaaahaaaaahaaaaah" thing from the Jeep commercial has been playing through my head repeatedly. :mad:

Some commercials are meant to be muted.

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Shouldn't it be IliveIdriveIam? You don't ride one of those things unless you are riding in it as the passenger.

It is almost as annoying as the commercial for the new "GPS" feature on the tax software, that as far as I can tell has absolutely nothing to do with a Global Positioning System.

3. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

yup, you're right, it's "Idrive".

At least my addled brain modified it to fit my lifestyle. :D

4. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

The stupid Staples or Office Depot one where they shout, wow that's a low price is almost annoying as Flo and those damn Progressive commercials.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Jeep does say I ride - and it's moronic. Other favorites of late - it is NOT PUNCH DUB!!!!!! It's punch bug damnit. You do not hit for any v dub out there you fricking morons!

After last night I'm way over the Southwest bags fly free stuff.

6. lyodbraun

lyodbraun Sprocket

hell yeah I cant stand those stupid ones either, I dont know who comes up with that crap.... I think I even heard that damn stapples one on the radio the other day...

7. random hero

random hero Banned

I've had my fill of Flo at this point..... although I do wonder from time to time if the curtains match the rug :)

8. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

So, I am not the only one that noticed that. Up here, it was "punch buggy" and it WAS only for the Beetles.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  9. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

the filet o fish commercials for mcdonalds piss me off

10. Italiantwin04

Italiantwin04 Well-Known Member

The Burger King, "little hands" commercial is just creepy. I hate that one.

11. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

We always said, "Slug bug."

12. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

The Lowe's commercial where the race crew guys are lip syncing is just dumb as well. Does the dude on the left look like a zombie or what?

13. FatFarthing

FatFarthing Guest

i'd love to have my fill of flo....just sayin.

14. Josh Whitehead

Josh Whitehead Crash Test Dummy

They may be annoying but the companies are smart for doing them, why you ask? Cause you are talking about them, you remembered them so in their eyes they worked. Commercials are all about grabbing your attention and getting you to notice the product. So they may be annoying and out right piss you off every time you see one but guess what it got your attention.

15. No shit. I went down to the DMV to get the personalized tag for my '69 Bug -with Porsche Turbo whaletail:rock: (PunchBug) and the idiot there tried to argue with me..shouldn't it be "Punch Dub?" I'm like faack no, lady it's Punch Bug!" didnt you have a friend or brother that played the game with you...you illiterate backwoods redneck. Reminds me of the morons that can't get the words to a song right and sing out the moronics to the world!

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

"Excuse me while I kiss this guy..."

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Alexa - Just to clarify, I was saying the commercial has it wrong, not you and it was always "Slug Bug" near me.

18. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

In my psychology class I was informed that if a commercial makes you mad you will remember it. That made me hate those commercials that piss me off even more because they are so effective.

19. black

black Ride...Crash...Repeat...

for some reason i think Flo is kind of hot...

20. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

there seems to be some debate in my family as well about the VW thing. in the superbowl commercial, they smacked each other and said 'red one', 'blue one', etc. when they saw a 'volkswagon', not specifically a bug. i agree, punch buggy is played only when you see a vw bug....howwwweverrr...playing the other way....red one, blue one, gray one....gives me a legal excuse (and more frequent excuse) to smack the wife. :D

FWIW, they don't like playing with me anymore because i can spot 'em a mile away. i told them due to legal ramifications, they only way to get out of they game is to state, in these exact words, "i suck at this game and my husband/Dad is the best". needless to say they won't say the words and i'm still smackin'. :cool: