1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trailer Organization Ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by fonz82, Mar 13, 2010.

1. bigkaley

bigkaley Well-Known Member

Pics of Gladiator track/ components in trailer

Sorry for the slow response with the pics. Been busy! I installed the track along the top-edge of both sides of my 6x14 trailer.

As you can see by the pics, the "vertical bike hooks" hold the Pitbull stands.

There's 2 of the soft baskets. I can get my helmet, a pair of boots and my gloves into one of the baskets.

The big hook is great for holding 1 rear tire, 2 front tires or so, but I would highly suggest against hanging a rear wheel w/ tire....:tut: While it can hold the static weight of the wheel/ tire, it won't stay on while driving... don't ask how I know.

The smaller hook can hold a front wheel/ tire combo and I've never had that come off.

I've secured the "vertical bike hooks", the big hook and the smaller hook with an extra screw through the bracket to make sure they don't jump off the track. I've been using these for about 3 seasons and other than the rear wheel/ tire incident, nothing else has come off/ down.

Attached Files:

2. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pics, that's what I was thinking about doing, glad to see it works well!!

3. G2G

G2G I feel the need

[​IMG]

Black painted E track in the v-nose part and wheel chock and 2 pit bill restraints in the rear. Also have 4 Nice Raxx systems to hold pit bull stands. I will try to see if I have any pics of the Pit posse stuff I have mounted on the trailer this is a link to it, mine is black ( http://pitposse.com/srworkstation.html ). I also primed and painted the walls. In one of the pics you can see the e track. Don't pay attention to that cuz I put that in for the day to haul a bike up from GA when I bought the trailer. I also install a flooring that cost me about $325 it is a hard plastic/rubber material that I bought at home depot. It installs by over lapping the edges kinda like a shingle but its a flush surface. It is faux diamondplate pattern. Also I have flouresant lighting I am adding along with power in the trailer and also this in black http://pitposse.com/dipl72ovca.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

2 of these at $280 a piece http://www.pit-bull.com/Merchant2/m...duct_Code=F0075AA--000&Category_Code=TSsuzuki

1 of these in black at $150 http://pitposse.com/srworkstation.html

1 of these in black at $260 http://pitposse.com/dipl72ovca.html

Flooring was about $350 and it was sold at our local home depot. Its not available I found out at all home depo's

Paint and primer was about $75

1 E-track was $15 for a 10 foot strip
    4 E- track ring strap I paid 9 bucks a piece but found it here for cheaper http://www.cargoequipmentcorp.com/catalog/?category=103&product=328

Florescent lights with wiring and outlets was about $60

2 condor helmet hangers $20 a piece http://www.condor-lift.com/product.asp?ItemID=1019

I might actually use those to hang my chairs as the chairs I have are not the cheap ones that fold up in bags.

So $1710 total into the trailer without the cost of the trailer and the labor I put into it. BTW I would round it out to an even $2000 as I did not include shipping and or tax on stuff.

I hope this helps. I have been researching trailer stuff for about 12 months before I actually bout one. I wanted to do it right the first time. I could not afford something that Tom has as it is too big for me and out of my price range. I did everything kinda on a budget and stuff that will not fall apart on me after a couple of years. The first things I would do as soon as I buy a trailer is finish or paint the walls and get a flooring down. I can sweep and mop my floor so easy and it looks new after I do that. Its so easy to clean. Then one you get that doen the best bang for the buck are the pit bull restraints. It is so nice not having straps getting in the way and coming loose. I was going to buy a third one for the bike in the V nose but that is kinda like the extra spot if i need to bring a friend and I find it hard to spend another $300 for a parts that is not for my bike and also the pins that are used are unique to each bike so I would need a bunch of different ones since I hail a bunch of different friends bikes. So I just ended up buying one for me and my GF.[/QUOTE]

Hope this helps

4. bigkaley

More Gladiator pics

Here's some pics of the Gladiator cabinet that I found on clearance due to the dent/ crease on the top. It came with 2 adjustable shelves, lock/ keys and also the brackets to attach to the track. Normally you would hang the cabinet on 2 sections of the track with both the brackets in the "downward" position. Since the bracket mounting holes on the back of the cabinet are oval for some play, I inverted the bottom bracket which allowed my to basically "lock" the cabinet into the tracks, making sure that it couldn't jump off the tracks. Though my explanation sounds bad, it was actually really easy to do.

Overall, I really like the Gladiator stuff and have found countless uses for it. You can easily move stuff around if need be in the trailer.

Attached Files:

5. bigkaley

Other trailer ideas

I found a different way to mount the spare trailer tire to the wall. I used an 1 1/4" flange, an 1 1/4" 3 inch long threaded section, and an 1 1/4" PVC threaded "T" section. Pics should show the rest.

Yeah, I know the spare wheel could use some attention...:D

Attached Files:

DmanSlam likes this.
  6. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I've been looking around for a solution for a while now, and this looks like the cheapes and best.:up:

7. bigkaley

Folding bed/ couch/ platforms

Also made some platforms for a folding bed/ couch. I use a thick futon mattress on top. The frame is made using 2x3's with OSB? for the top. Biggest cost was the 2 sections of 6' long piano hinges. The platforms are held against the wall with spring lock type hook/ eye catches. I made the one section of platform shorter than the other so that during the day, it can be used like a couch. Just slide the futon mattress halfway up the wall and you've got seating for getting into the leathers, or taking a quick nap if need be!
    The legs are PVC sections that plug into PVC caps that are bolted into the bottom of the platform. Works great and is pretty comfortable with the thick futon mattress.

Oh, and the reason I used so many support legs on the larger section of the platform is that, ...well..., I'm 310 pounds...:Poke:

Attached Files:

8. bigkaley

Folding bed/ couch/ platforms

Here's both sides down.

Next items for the trailer are: Pitbull restaints, and hopefully/ finally some paint!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  9. slow honda

slow honda Well-Known Member

If it holds Kaley then it will hold a family of 4. :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Skinny little shit...

11. bigkaley

THANK YOU!!!!:bow:

:crackup:

12. kazbanz

kazbanz Yea gidday

The most odvious addition I made to my setup was strapping a couple of 12 volt 12 inch fluro lights to the ceiling. They use very little power but are fantastic for evening loadups and unloads

13. bigkaley

I miss you too, Dave! :moon:

Now, enough with the gheyness and back to the OT.:p

14. fonz82

fonz82 Well-Known Member

G2G that is some nice trailer flooring. Looks like it is pretty grippy even in the rain.
    what kind of paint did you use for the walls? normal indoor/outdoor paint from hardware store.

bigkaley, those are some nifty ideas, ans thanks for posting pics of the gladiator system. looks like that helps alot. i was also looking into the rubbermaid fast track adn there's another brand i dont remember. I'll be attempting the spare tire holder.

15. Carnage R1

Carnage R1 Well-Known Member

I'll post pics of my trailer tomorrow. I redid my entire trialer during the winter season. I installed carpet on the wall, mounted the tv on the wall, mounted the speakers on the wall, installed a Blazin tech bed, installed a Pitposse tire rack, fuel jug holder, chair holder. etc....

16. John E

John E Member

Wheels/Rollers

I've been trying to figure out a good way to carry spare wheels with rains, any good ideas there? Carrying them in the back seat of my truck sucks.

Also, I have a set of rollers for starting (Beaudry superbike starter) and I'll be damned if I can figure out a good way to tie that lump down - maybe weld some loops onto it?

17. bigkaley

For the spare wheels/ rains, use the same basic theory as the one post above with the spare trailer wheel. All the parts can be found at Lowes.

--figure out what diameter pipe you'll need (3/4" or 1") to fit through the wheel bearings
    --measure the distance through each wheel, front/ rear(does the spare rear wheel also have a sprocket carrier/ cush drive with it?). Leave about 1/2-3/4" extra pipe length.
    --get 2 of the flanges for the correct diameter pipe and mount to a stud/ beam on the trailer wall
    --thread the pipe into the flange, put the wheel onto the pipe
    --mark the pipe just at the edge of the wheel and drill a hole to put and "R" clip or a safety clip through the pipe (safety clip like used on the rear axle nut)

Saw that idea courtesy of Dave aka "Slow Honda". :up:

Clear as mud?? :D

18. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I primed it twice with Kiltz primer then bought the cheap indoor white paint form Home Depot. It looks good. make sure you prime it real good or else the wood is going to really suck up the paint and you will have to repaint about 10 times. LOL We put 2 coats of primer on and 2 coats of paint. Did it during the winter in Chicago and just have a heater inside the trailer while we did it. It turned out perfect. Also make sure you tape everything off so it looks good when you are done. :up:

19. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Here is the inside of my trailer. I have two STS. The sofa/mattress on the wall is a nice touch for lounging. RB components makes a cool indoor/outdoor table. The link is

http://www.rbcomponents.com/rb-components/hot-products/sleek-station.html

Basically, its a 42" table that is attached to the wall via small polished aluminum buttons. The buttons are attached on the inside of the trailer (for storage) and on the outside of the trailer (for use). A free standing counter top outside has been really useful. 4 small twin tube 12v flourescent light fixtures and the fridge are powered by two deep cycle marine batteries with a marine battery charger. When the tires are on the gen, I also hook up the trailer to keep the batts topped off. A single solar panel on the roof also helps delay the inevitable run down of the batteries. An awning on the outside is nice because I don't have to carry around multiple EZ-Ups.

20. c7fx

c7fx Well-Known Member

Steve your trailer came together nicely