Russell

Discussion in 'General' started by Lever, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

I thought speed was gonna put up one of those "Also available in English by pushing your Russell broadcast button". I went to my buddies house to watch the race and grill out, and after about 30 minutes of listening to Russell he had to take breaks every few minutes because teh twang was starting to piss him off :D

Where for art thou DREB!!! :mad:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You guys still don't get it and that is getting annoying. Dreb does the same job as Shaheen, Dreb is not the color person. Russell is there for color and nothing more.

3. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

I've come to the realization that people will bitch no matter what.... It's starting to get frigg'n old.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

I thought Russel was one of the better parts of the whole deal. He does a decent job. He knows what he is talking about and brings up some good issues etc. I like him being in the booth.

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

+1

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

A bit off topic, but I'm one that bitches about Scott also.
    I have to give him big props. Did the Speed broadcast, then headed straight to Homestead for the Grand Am race.With very little time in the car, he managed
    great times, and held his own against more experienced drivers.:up:
    I was even able to understand what he said, during his interviews :p

8. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

SPEED should have a contest to pick one of y'all to be a guest commentator. Then you can show us how easy it is. [​IMG]

I've heard substitute announcers at the LRRS races, and they are nowhere near Bruce as far as the quality of the banter..

9. jdavis6446

jdavis6446 Well-Known Member

Russell is good but his enunciation sucks. Is it not possible to find knowledge and the ability to speak clearly in the same package?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes it is, he's a racer not a graduate of finishing school. People who worry about enunciation tend to be boring and useless doing color commentary.

11. 418

418 Expert #59

Russell is light years ahead of Spencer. I can see how the twang would get annoying to some but the guy keeps it relevant and on topic. Never really been a huge Russell fan but he's doing a decent job.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

I've never had a problem listening and understanding/comprehending what Russle is saying while commentating. I actually like his enunciation and I find him easy to listen to. That's just me I guess.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And you're from Canadia to boot!

16. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

What's a guy supposed to do? Yeesh...Did anyone bitch about Jackie Stewart back in the day? "Why that Scottish bastid, whadhesay?" No, Jackie was cool, well, in a four wheeled way...

The guy's from Georgia, it's like boiled peanuts, you get used to it...Russell owns Daytona, and he's real, come on, the guy started with WERA...Solomax Racing? The guy can speak Farsi as far as I'm concerned...

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

If anyone wants to listen to an annoying twang some of the Germanic/Wisconsin hybrid Fargo type accents that peeps have makes me feel :Puke::D

18. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

...like a radial arm saw through galvanized...

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I've got a copy of a motorcycle magazine from the 40's that covered the races ~on~ Daytona Beach that year. One of the articles complained that the spectators had to deal with bathroom facilities that were basically outhouses with no doors. People were having to stand in front of them to give their women friends some privacy to take care of business.

Complaining/whinning. Something that will never go out of style. :)

20. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

:stupid::stupid: