rd400 racebike for sale

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 198rd, Mar 3, 2010.

1. 198rd

198rd Member

RD400 Racebike for sale $3500
    FRAME: all stock (street) bracketry removed. New gloss blk. powdercoating.
    Modified RZ350 swingarm new gloss blk. powdercoating, new needle berrings, rear stand barrels.
    alluminum body "Works performance" shocks 13 in. eye to eye .
    WHEELS: RZ350 New gloss blk. powdercoating, polished, new berrings, seals, collars. new 520 chain and sprockets 16 and17 tooth front 40 tooth rear
    TIRES: "dunlop" racing kr125 front and 825 rear, new tubes
    FRONT-END: Polished RZ350 forks, "Racetech" gold valve emulators, modified damping rods, new seals, modified RZ350 triple tree gloss blk. powdercoating, taperd roller berrings, "Daytona" stabilizer, New "Tarozzi" fork brace, "Vortex" cllip-ons, new 10 wt "spectra"oil,
    BRAKES front and rear: RZ350 master cylinders, calipers, all rebuilt with new seals, gloss blk. powdercoating, new "Speedbleeders", clear plastic covered braided brake lines, new copper crush washers, new dot 4 brake fluid, new pads, New gloss blk. powdercoated disks. new bolts and lock nuts.
    CONTROLS: custom polished alluminum rear-set mounts, new "Tarrozi" rear sets"," Mangura" clutch perch, new rd400 clutch cable, new "Motion-pro" turbo throttle, new rd400 tach cable, rd400 tach, new "PVL" kill circit and kill switch, "Westach" dual EGTS, new grips
    BODYWORK: XS360 dual pitcock gas tank, 1988 tz250u seat modified, tz style inner fender, tz front fender, 1989 tz250w upper fairing modified (still has tech sticker from "isle of man"), new "Gustafsson" wind screen, all painted with automotive blk. enamel paint.
    ENGINE: "PVL" racing ignition, "Swarbrick" racing exhaust, new blk. ceramic powdercoating, 32mm "Mikuni" carbs, " Unipod" filters, cut and polished 23.5cc heads blk. new ceramic powdercoated, new "Wiseco" pistons, roadrace porting, "Spec 2" welded crank and tz center labrinth seal with sloted t2t rods, "Boysen"reeds, RZ350 crossover tube, all new seals and gaskets, cases, clutch cover, ignition cover all modified for racing and polished, new bolts and locknuts thoughout.
    MISC: these are most of the major component details, there are way to many small details to list, the bottom line on this bike is...it is as close to a brand new rd400 full racebike as you can find. it is by no means perfect, but due to the attention to detail during its assembly. it is mecanically exceptional and reliable. no one could ask for more from a 30 plus year old machine. if youve always wanted a rd400 F-500/ V-3/ f-2stroke (WERA) race bike here you go, it is saftey wired, piston rings are broke in (3 heat cycles) and jetted close, road tested up to 4th gear. all it needs is pre-mix race fuel (110 octane or higher) a rider and a track to finish testing and jetting.

Attached Files:

2. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

Very nice bike ... wow!

3. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

That is sweet...

(Easy, Charles...)

4. 198rd

198rd Member

i just put more pics in my ? profile

5. charles

charles The Transporter

Lovely creation, lots of attention to detail...some of you 4-popper riders who are in the closet should come out on this one...a very attractive price for the work and materials/parts put into this bike.

C'mon, Chummy, open up that fat wallet and come on over! Ride on in for the Big Win! and just in time for the Barber Challenge!

ring ding ding, ding ding!

My only question is: can it corner low? :up:

6. Chumbucket

That's very thoughtful of you Charles, and despite your accurate assessment of that fine machine, I'm afraid I'm going to have to decline...I want my chili dog...

7. charles

charles The Transporter

This bike can corner low...your chili dog can't.

"You should accept your fate, it would give you more dignity."

8. Chumbucket

Charles, put your thinking cap on...You should purchase that fine machine to stand in for the, "Yellow Peril," when it's having one of its heavy flow days*...

*(out of the cases, the cylinders, the chambers, into the catch can and belly pan, and across a wide swath of ground...)

9. charles

charles The Transporter

Fixed it for ya, and the only thing that's gonna flow anywhere are those chili dogs out of you...:D

10. Chumbucket

Charlesssssssss...Popeye had his spinach, I have my chili dogs...Fear the chili dog, Charles...

Now buy the guy's RD, you know you want to...

11. charles

charles The Transporter

I do indeed fear the potent chili dog!

It's a great RD, and I hope Matt is not bowing out of vintage racing- Matt?-it will make someone proud, I was hoping you'd finally give in to your latent urges to go native and get this bike! You could corner low and zap the 4-stroke snails in a cloud of fragrant premix.

And yes I'd be tempted by this one, but I've got Project X2 in the making, and the midnight oil is burning for wrenches turning as we speak...

12. 198rd

198rd Member

i would love nothing more than to take it out for a test race or 2 or10 but i think it would deminish its vaule! besides i blew my knee out falling off a step ladder. and even though i still have not been able to even think about finding a few dollars to put towards racing. in the right hands it should be a lethal weapon! also i noticed its getting dusty.AND THATS JUST WRONG!!!!!!!

13. Chumbucket

The rest of the two stroke crowd should be around shortly, lighting farts and throwing oil fouled plugs at each other, you should sell that bike in short order. It is a nice piece...If Charles had the sense God gave seafood he'd buy it for the inevitable BANG when the "Yellow Peril" goes up like a party favor...

14. charles

charles The Transporter

Rumors of the death of the "Yellow Peril" are greatly exaggerated...in fact, I am seeking the services of a rider with great and uncanny skill, a person with wit, intelligence, and fame, to pilot the "Yellow Peril" to victory at Barber. You'll weep then, Chummy, as your favored 4-stroke farm devices shit the bed trying to keep up to the incarnate power of the Almighty 2-Stroke. And you, Sir, shall simply be...IN AWE!

"Is there something wrong with anything?"

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  15. Chumbucket

Keep taunting me with this Barber ploy, Charles...What looks like acres and acres of sweet, sweet undulating asphalt, without the triple jumps and acrylic snot patches we've become accustomed to here up North, coupled with that cool guy museum...

It does have a certain allure doesn't it...

I like the South...Hmmm...

16. rus23

rus23 Misfit

Charles, I will be at Barber, but with only one bike this year. The rd will be sitting out. I will be available for pilot duties, as long as you promise me to jet it rich.

17. charles

charles The Transporter

Of course you do, and more reason to make the move right now is this RD400 that Matt is selling...you could ride it until your steering balls fell off, all winter, at Barber, Jennings, Talladaga, Roebling, and CMP...we got nice weather, lovely women, beer, grits, guns, and Jim Hinshaw.

18. charles

charles The Transporter

Only one bike? Well, buy this one from Matt and then you'll have two, once to race and one to gaze at!

I dunno Rus, the rider i'm looking for needs fame, fortune, guts, ambition, maybe some championships under his belt, and certainly a sense of decorum. Is this you?

BUY MATT'S BIKE!!! STOP BEING TIGHT!

19. Chumbucket

Have you ever actually seen, Jim? I thought he was subject to the Heisenberg Principle...I saw him briefly once on a grid, and then the one minute sign went sideways...

20. charles

charles The Transporter

Jim doesn't hang around long when the start flag drops.