Show us the classic bike you 'wish' you had.

Discussion in 'General' started by SPEKTRE76, Jun 22, 2009.

1. mammoth

mammoth custom bike builder

The ERion 900 is the best street bike ever built.....
    No matter what else I own that comes and goes, I'll never part with my RR

2. Mr Frozen North

Mr Frozen North Well-Known Member

this is killing me ! want it but wife will kill me, but it would be calmer around the house without her!

3. luke738

luke738 Well-Known Member

my kinda ride

Attached Files:

• pig.jpg
      pig.jpg
      File size:
      162.7 KB
      Views:
  4. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only Harley I would ever own.............

5. wulf

wulf Well-Known Member

Sorry guys...but nothing can top this....1939 Crocker...made in the us...recently sold for 230k

Attached Files:

6. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Yep, right there! Had the 750 Kawi, shouldnt have sold it.

7. RAMBO

RAMBO Well-Known Member

TZ 7 F-IN 50, oops TZ 750. 4cyl in-line 2-stroke. Have one in shop now... OOOHHHH I cant wait... I will work on pic later...

8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

50's era Triumph TR5.

9. joec

joec brace yourself

when i saw this thread turn up.....i was hoping anyone would put up a pic of the r7.

10. SPEKTRE76

SPEKTRE76 Well-Known Member

The R7 was a bad ass bike. I hope that Yamaha will build another.

11. SPEKTRE76

SPEKTRE76 Well-Known Member

How about this bike. Only 1000 were ever made!

TZR250 RS 3XV

[​IMG]

12. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Yes, yes... I'm not hatin' on Goldwings... But, having ridden one of that vintage, I don't "wish" for a cafe racer version.

Still, while sold "naked" in '75 and pretty exotic at that time (water cooled!), wasn't it intended from the beginning to be a long-distance runner? Shaft drive, lots of "high mileage" design features, etc.?

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Oddly enough, it was intened to be somewhat of a Superbike/Musclebike. Then some folks threw Vetter fairings on `em and the race to the Wingabego was on.

One of the cited handling advantages was the low CG of the horizontal opposed engine. Of course, the 21?mm forks pretty much negated that.

Like you, I can think of any number of other bikes I would Cafe out, butt, to each his own.

14. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

This is my classic 91CBR1000FK Hurricane. Ruined in the house fire last Feb. I wish it was still alive. Melted like a candle. But it was pretty and one of a very few from what I was told by Honda. Made a bunch of the 1000F models but the K model was actually titled as a Hurricane.

Attached Files:

15. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I have one of the 1990 red/white 1000F models with matching period Krauser bags. Dead stock and original, been my "sport touring" bike for many years. While a nearly perfect "all-rounder", I decided to explore the "new" bike world again, so may need to sell it to make space in the garage.

But it'll be tough to get rid of.

[​IMG]

16. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I have one too...a 94. Great bikes, but I really could do without the linked brakes. I'm seriously considering finding an F3 front end to put on it to get rid of them. Apart from that, love it!

17. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

The f3 front will fit just fine. Its alittle shorter but not noticable. Plus it has the floating brakes and just a better front. Mine was the Hurricane grey and red. And I have actually used the 90model front fairing for it when I had crashed it in 01. About died in that 1. Anyways it was built to the hilt. About 185 rwh with the 2bro full system and the k model feeds the ram air thru the front fairing rather than the little holes under your leg for the F model. Had fun making it work. Ill miss it. Was a great bike and I had it for over 17 years.

18. pg_rider

pg_rider Doesn't race anymore...

19. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

the low cg of the motor mate it a pretty decent handler. I's also put on longer shocks than stock which raised the rear and steepened the steering angle a skosh. still, that motor weighed almost 200 pounds and yes, it was a fat pig. that sort of thing was difficult to overcome. I bought the bike when I was in college, as a full grandpa tourer in the mid 90's. since I couldn't afford to buy the bikes I wanted, I built them with what I had... first, I thought I wanted a harley:
    [​IMG]
    but what I really wanted was a bmw R90S...

20. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

My older one does not have linked brakes. Might be interesting with a better front end on it, though!