1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit Torrent Help

Discussion in 'General' started by gpstar748, Mar 9, 2009.

1. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Ok im trying to be a good member of racing-underground.com

I download torrents but when using Bit Torrent they dont download. Do you guys use Bit Torrent for racing-underground.com or some other torrent program?

There is an error notification at the bottom of Bit Torrent that says my port or network isnt configured properly but im not too sure i understand what is wrong

2. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

I use utorrent but I'm sure the one your using works. You have to manually configure the port in your router. Follow the instructions here. http://www.portforward.com/ Mine worked with Utorrent without doing the port forwarding but it didn't register on RU so I had to make the entry in my router.

3. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

That's priceless, in a pirate sort of context. :D

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

5. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

no one likes an unethical thief... :D

I use uTorrent... haven't had any issues

6. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

Bitlord.

7. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

:)

8. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

I had some issues seeding with BitTorrent. uTorrent has been much easier to configure.

9. streetfight3r

streetfight3r Well-Known Member

Use uTorrent. Then, if you have a firewall on your router and or PC, you have to open that a specific port on both. Have the router open some random high port(like 15,xxx), forward that port to your computer(via your local IP) and make sure that uTorrent uploads on that port.

10. jaybirdka

jaybirdka Well-Known Member

No problems with utorrent. There's a link to the utorrent website at the bottom of the racing-underground website.

11. falcon2081

falcon2081 Active Member

Yup use Utorrent. You will have to manually open the port unless you have custom firmware on your router then you won't have to do anything as the firmware will automatically open the port requested by the bittorent program.

12. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Firewall?

13. JimmyOOOOO

JimmyOOOOO pin it.

+1 for utorrent ... no router config needed (netgear)