1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Of Ya'all Survey "Normal" People About 200 Coverage?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chumbucket, Mar 7, 2009.

1. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

My daughter fell asleep 2 minutes after the start. But then she only 3mo. old and usually does after eating. So I guess she's not good data point. :D

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Non racers/riders at the bar said "whats up with the pace car, why all the commercials and at the end of race they said why show the battle for 5th when u have 3 bikes battling for 1st"

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Two friends of mine, neither are riders or racers, called last night to ask me if what they were watching at (different) sports bars was what I used to do. They both said it was pretty damn cool.

4. dkeplinger

dkeplinger Well-Known Member

That's only because Speed actually aired a race... Granted, it was on a friday night.. But at least they aired it.. and aired it again 2 hours later..

Now if they would only air Race 2 of WSBK, the Supersport race and the 250 GP's and the 125's... all on the day they actually race instead of 2 days later in the middle of the day when everyone is at work, America would realize that motorcycle racing does exist...

Now as for DMG.. That was stupid. All of it was stupid.. Come on, a rolling start!? How is that fair to the guys behind the rider that acciddentally let's a dozen bikes pull away from him a bit BEFORE the start line... You can't pass the idiot until then... At least from a grid position, you earned the spot and nobody can screw that up for you.. And from the sounds of it.. Depending on where the red flag falls and where you are in the pit stop stage, you can get really screwed... And let's not forget... Bostrom having to wait.. You all know what I am talking about... all in all, it was kinda depressing to watch. And I'm sorry, Freddie Spencer, I don't care how fast you were, how many schools you run or don't run anymore, how iconic you think you are, you suck at being an announcer or whatever your title is... Someone tell DMG and/or Speed to hire someone from Europe or somewhere..

5. elevenn7

elevenn7 Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy about the new AMA road race TV package, (2 week delays?) but I thought the coverage last night wasn't bad. Sure, the rolling start and the yellow flags reek of NASCAR, but as far as the TV coverage, I thought it was actually decent. I'm wondering, how was the turnout for the 200? Did running it at night help put more butts in the seats? What's the actual riders take on how the flags/safety car/rolling start affected the race?

6. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

http://www.amaproracing.com/rr/news/index.cfm?cid=20875

Popular SPEED personality Ralph Sheheen will be the in-studio host for AMA Pro Prime Time while the race coverage team will be anchored by host and play-by-play announcer Leigh Diffey, pit reporter Greg White and a to-be-named analyst.

7. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

damn! Diet coke through my nose is NOT funny! :mad:

You owe me a keyboard!

:crackup:

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Noun 1. illiterate person - a person unable to read

Example: Those who are incapable of reading the demographics of the current NASCAR fans...

9. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Last night was ridiculous, the red flag situation was scary, same thing that happened years back riders ass packing each other into the chicane, thankfully serious injury was avoided. THEN the restart the riders sat on pit road over 15 minutes w/ no warmers waiting for the field to be lined up in the correct order (who hear knows what happens when 75 riders sit on pit lane w no warmers in a 60 degree night....yep crash) pace car again...Is this NASCAR...then when they finally did get the leaders behind them THEY WAVE BOSTROM BY.....bostrom catches up the the end....THEN over radio they say we screwed up send everyone around AGAIN bostrom gets behind pace car....EVERYONE has to catch up AGAIN then finally go racing.....OOOOHHHH I left out the prerace pit lane crap where we had to push all the bikes thru the crowd to get in place for the start with only one row cone ever five rows (usually blocked by fans, i was fine with the fans being able to get up close , BUT WAIT TILL WE GET THE FREAKING BIKES ON THE GRID)and no officials in site....I was happy with the race other than that...Melissa did a great job.....just short of 20th place not to shabby for first AMA race

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Which has what to do with the OP's question?

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Miss Steeltoe-

Why is that car out there?

Why is it going so slow? Won't that mess them up?

Why is the car back out there?

Why did that guy keep going past everyone?

Why is Ben behind everybody? He was leading!

How did he get behind the car now? Where is everyone else?

Granted Miss Steeltoe has been to few Club and AMA events but she was as bewildered as I was at times.

12. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Current NASCAR fans (def.): a member of homo sapiens that exhibits the following characteristics: mustache, beer-belly, a tin of Skoal Wintergreen in a hip pocket and displaying (singulary or in any combination) the numbers "3", "8", "24", "48" and "88" on thier apparel, vehicles or skin. Usually found accompanied by thier husbands and in proximity of a cooler of Buttwiper beer.

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

If only roadracing (car or motorcycle) could attract that size crowds. Butt, we tare the elite, the cream of the crop, we know what real racing is and don't want it to be popular with the hordes of ticket-buying common riff-raff that attendss for NASCAR-like racing...

14. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Just telling hat was going on behind the scene of the race so its not in the "unofficial official thread" I logged on and this was the first 200 post i read and i posted, what did i break a law or something, fifty lashes coming up.

15. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Yeah. we have enough of our own riff raff as it is. ;)