1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rattlecan Raven

Discussion in 'Tech' started by MachineR1, Mar 3, 2009.

1. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

Hey dudes. I will be painting my Sharkskinz soon and I planned to have them match my street bodywork on my 06 R1. Anybody know a good rattlecan paint that is close to a Raven black paint match? Thanks.:beer:

2. coturi

coturi Well-Known Member

My guess would be black.

Sorry, I have no idea really.

3. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

Probably the best match you are going to find is a "Satin Black".
    Its not glossy and its not flat but somewhere in the middle. Won't be a perfect match but it will get you close. You may also find "Semi-Gloss" but if you can get the Satin, it will be closer. Sorry, I don't have any brand names.

Cheers
    Bernie

4. MachineR1

Thanks for the input. I just hope they don't look like crap.:beer:

5. genosr1

genosr1 Well-Known Member

you've already poped for good bodywork, have a painter paint it, you'll be sorry you rattle canned it, and it will cost you twice as much to have it repainted , when you realize your not happy, like the comercial says you can pay a little now or alot later

6. speedjunkie

speedjunkie Well-Known Member

i rattle can painted my bike and its better looking then people that have spent hundreds on a paint job. plus if its on the track its going to get messed up with rocks and rubber and maybe even a crash. i see no point in spending a lot for somebody to do it when its easy and turns out really good if you take your time with a rattle can.

this is my bike done with all rattle can paint from lowes.

Attached Files:

7. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

+1

I rattle canned mine as well. It doesn't look amazing but it's good enough for me. Just make sure you do it the right way by doing the proper prep work. I did a basic silver w/ some black accents and then sprayed a clear over it. So far so good. :)

8. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

I did a full satin black rattle can job on my gsxr 750. I just did it because my sponsor decals showed up well and it was very easy to touch up any dings. I didn't do a super perfect job either. Funny thing is I got more compliments from people than on any other bike I've owned. It looks real badass!!!! :D

9. UberRacing

UberRacing Well-Known Member

if you want to really match using rattle can then check out color rite, a little pricey but matches.

http://www.colorrite.com/

10. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Gloss black "Fusion" plastic paint.

11. MachineR1

Wow that Colorrite is $pendy! What do you guys reccomend for prep? My understanding was Sharkskinz could be painted right out of the box? I'm not expecting these to look perfect, but I don't want to look like a turd either.

12. Dug2

Dug2 Well-Known Member

+1:up:

13. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

I rattle-canned mine as well. Turned out pretty damn good, but it's a good bit of work to do it right. The paint isn't as durable as a pro job either, but it's a race bike - rock chips and fall-downs are likely gunna happen.

You wouldn't be able to tell in pics, or from 20ft away that it was a rattle can job.

14. QfactorSV

QfactorSV Well-Known Member

I have use rustoleum high perf enamel for both color and clear. Very easy to apply, quick dry and pretty durable for the $$.

plus you can find them everywhere.

Q