tally C-Superbike accidents?

Discussion in 'General' started by mischievius, Feb 8, 2009.

1. mischievius

mischievius Racer & Pilot

Anyone know what happened / who was involved in the two turn 1 red flags at tally today?

Strange question but why doesn't wera announce who was involved in the accidents and what happened?

I suppose if something terrible occurs I imagine it doesnt make business sense... however as a spectator this weekend (my bike isnt ready yet) I noticed tons of people turning to one another asking what happened. The only way anyone could find out is to run over to turn 1 and ask the spectators or even just ask the corner worker after the race.

Accidents happen and I imagine I'm not alone in suggesting to hear something like this:

"Novice number 123 tucked the front at turn 4 and it seems he may have broken his wrist so he is on his way to get an x-ray... we wish him a speedy recovery."

:confused:

2. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

That would be a violation of HIPAA and also in bad taste both legally and personally.

They can mention a bike number that has crashed, but medical information is a no-no.

A speedy and complete recovery wish to those involved.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  3. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

speedy recovery to him and the #884 who crashed at TURN 1..i was standing right there...it was bad...:( wish them speedy recovery...

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Because their family should be notified by WERA first, not all of their buddies who read this board. Nothing personal, but that's how it is.

5. mischievius

mischievius Racer & Pilot

Wow... :( best wishes and speedy recovery

I am apparently alone and in the wrong here so I'll shut it.

6. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

thus the reason I hate it when people ask if I got any photos of "X" crash. Bad taste

7. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

HIPAA information only pertains to actual health information. Stating the names of involved riders isn't a violation so long as injuries incurred is not included. To your point though, it is in very poor taste as loved ones/friends/family members should be notified first before posted on the beeb. :up:

8. Alexdouble-R

Alexdouble-R Well-Known Member

yeah I hope they are all okay

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I was wondering if the 884 was you. quick recovery to all

10. Cannonball39

Cannonball39 Well-Known Member

I think the guy wanted to be informed through the loudspeaker at the track while spectating, not get a sticky thread on the bbs...

At most tracks with an announcer, it's not uncommon to get a report of some sort i.e. rider number, turn # of the incident, if he/she was moving/walking around, or if there was a transport/medivac needed. Of course actual injuries are kept confidential though...

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We don't release partial information to anyone, our policy is nothing will be said about the rider until we know for sure what is wrong. We'll go personally tell friends and family but that's about it.

If they're up and okay and everything is fine we tell people but I hate giving out partial or inaccurate information over the PA.

12. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

Why not, our government does!!!!

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seriously Jimmy, you looking to get banned?

14. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

15. Echoracing24

Echoracing24 Well-Known Member

There was an accident in the last lwt race involving Robert Turner. I didn't know if the ambulance rolled him out or not, just checking to see if any one can give a update?

16. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

Robert is okay. I checked on him after we got tangled up. He said his bell was rung, other than that no broken bones.

17. Echoracing24

Echoracing24 Well-Known Member

kewl, great to hear.

18. royalgixxer

royalgixxer The Bodywork Guy

I started in the very back row in that race. Had a great start the first time passing three rows in front of me. From my point of view there were way to many bikes side by side trying to make turn 1. My start was not as good the second start but looked to be the same situation.

I have vidio that my wife took of both the starts that were red flaged but I have dial-up internet so I cant upload them.

I myself crashed on lap 6 coming out of turn 2. It was caught frame by frame by the great people at VHS so I will wait to review the photo's before determining the cause. I think my lowside my have been induced by another rider although I am not placing blame. I know shet happens and this is racing so I will dust my self off and try to get the bike back together in time for nashville.

I do want to take this chance to thank all the people that helped me out this weekend. You know who you are. It is because of people like you that even when things go shety in the end, you look back at a very positive experience. :beer:

19. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I just want to point out that I much prefer 2Fer's popcorn eater to the Michael Jackson one :)

And very glad to hear there were no serious injuries :up:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  20. GSXRLVR

GSXRLVR Ben Kirby #884

hey guys! this is Ben Kirby #884, thanks so much for the get well soon wishes! did anyone see my crash? i got knocked out and dont remember starting or anything. anyway i got my first win which was awesome! but this was my first crash too. good times!!!