1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which motard to roadrace?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Feb 1, 2009.

1. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

2. Heartsofoak441

Heartsofoak441 Zip Tie Alley

My information is from my eyes going to races up and down the east coast. I just said what I see. You guys sound like you have a good program and more then a couple guys out of the back of a Van.:up:

I hardly see those at CCS events

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  3. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

so THERE'S your problem.... :Poke:;)

4. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

CCS....is that A track day org,,,,:D

Hope to catch up with you at some WERA events this year

Ab
    :beer:

5. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Looking forward to racing my SXV 550 this season at Miller. Most fun bike I've ever ridden, and on a tight or twisty track it absolutely destroys. Lots of power coming out of the corners, extremely light and nimble. I'm beefing up the suspension to quit dragging the pegs so much, and have swapped out the exhaust for an Akrapovic. I'm also swapping out the master cylinder, as I have been getting some brake fade. I already had a slipper clutch and upgraded airbox.

I raced it one round last year and had a blast, but it was on street tires. This year I'm going to go at it with a bit more gusto. ;)

[​IMG]

6. bloodso

bloodso Well-Known Member

Holy shit Ted! That is quick! What kind if gearing were you running on the Yamaha?

7. Heartsofoak441

Heartsofoak441 Zip Tie Alley

Sorry, I don't get to travel to the WERA The closest race is 13 Hours away, I would do better to race in Canada, its closer.

But my series is 55 Minutes to the north of me. So I cant complain. I would LOVE to get an aprilla 550 For Daytona, Cause I just have really lost interest with anything with clip-ons.

James Do you race an aprilla or you a just a fan?

8. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

My Husqvarna 450 SMR went on the Dynojet and had 43.84 HP and 28.71 max Touque. Installed a complete FBF exhaust and jetting now has 46.89 HP and 31.90 max Torque. On the junkies site under manufacturers you can gab about your bike. Under Husky its all about mods, graphics,gearing and over at Aprilia its all about warranties, area reps, service managers, part prices, did you get a new engine. I have figured my bike to have roadrace 1700 miles on the track and I did have a clutch master cylinder let me down. I crashed and had dirt in it and it wrecked the seal. Magura though. Don't go the horsepower route. Personal Safety Equipment #1 Handling #2 Horsepower#3

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  9. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

Mine is an '03 with the 4 speed tranny, so I go as tall as I can get.

17/37

10. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

KTM 690 SMC. Slightly heavier than a 560 SMC or a 550 Aprilia, but the motor is beefier and you have less rebuilds than an actual MX bike turned road racer. I need to get the Tuneboy on it and my FMF pipe (which didn't show / get released up till December), I raced it 4 times stock last year (restricted and with stock pipe).

The 450/560/550's are fast, but I want to race and spend less time rebuilding and more time racing. Aaron will say that his bikes are faster (rightly so, they are), but he spends alot of time working on them to get them that way. And he has spare motors and support from Aprilia. You need to factor that in when he says 'they are #1'.

Tedd Cobb? Well, we know that guy will ride any bike given to him for free...

:D

Good morning guys....

11. cannonballcobb

I DO have limits to what I ride....

(man's got to know his limitations)

12. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Didn't you race a Triumph Thruxton?

Whore.

:D:p

13. cannonballcobb

shit, Pete's got a point.

14. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

man did you walk right into that one:D

15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

a 450 smr on my dyno has been about 52hp.

but that was bone stock. i think 56 is possible with some work.

16. Robby-Bobby

hey aaron, is the aprilia able to be bored or stroked?

jsut curious what the displacement could be taken to?

i only ask because if you could get it near 700 cc or so i think 90 hp is possible.:up:

17. Cuddles de Sade

don't know what they did to their latest superbike-build, but I heard they're not far off from that right now :D

18. Robby-Bobby

damn cheaterbikes!

if brad could only post!:moon:

hey ted, whats wrong with a thruxton anyways?

19. Cuddles de Sade

yeah the peanut gallery's not going to be happy :D

20. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

There are A few numbers floating around, But I would say 575-590cc with a little of this an some of that will get damn close.

:beer:
    Ab