1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinner Head Gasket

Discussion in 'Tech' started by OGs750, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Tim Radley

Tim Radley Well-Known Member

What do you know with your excessively worn orifice that leaks oil:wow:
    Better get and sprinkle on your lemon tree out back :moon:

2. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

i wasn't trying to brag to you, could care less what YOU think. I was only stating so the guy that asked the question could, if he didn't know who "ed who?" was, would see im not just some guy that has built "3" engines for my buddies vtr250, so my advice might hold some merit with him.

Problem is your tone! you jump someones shit for OFFERING ADVICE and PRODUCT because you "THINK" everyone on her is trying to sell him something. Thats what erked me the most. Believe it or not, some of us LIKE HELPING PEOPLE OUT WITH TECH ADVICE from our years of experience.

if you have built 3 engines without the restrictor then good luck, let me know what numbers they are and what tracks so i can tell my riders to avoid their bikes.

Nice back pedal. God, now i know why my other buddies that own shops/teams/tuners pm me all the time "give up on the tech, its not wanted, you'll just get pissed off from internet know it all's"

They are right :down:

3. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

Dammit guys what the hell does it take for us engine builders to get respect?>! truck racing,now no head gaskets?! can't we just all get along and enjoy the Holiday season? This is what I propose Ed,Rocky,Rick and I will build the next 100 motors for those who post today for free. No time limit the deal never expires, ever! Bottom line the only way we win is when our shit rocks across the line first! Happy Holidays to the builders in Roadracing!:bow:

4. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

But if it wasn't for people like you, reading the internet like I do would suck and my crap would be...well...crapped out.

5. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

There is no free...at my shop. There's a cover charge.:rolleyes:

Chuck, you better eat lots of turkey and potatoes this Holiday and come to Daytona fatter than ever! I'm counting on it!

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Is there a problem with drilling the oil port in the outer layers of the gasket?

7. Perlzuki

Perlzuki Well-Known Member

OGs750. I recommend that you listen to what Edwho says. Shenanagans, I & everyone should respect all in our military who work very hard to protect us! The Gunnary SGT in USMC that you are defending sold me a bike with a broken frame & bent forks! I got a ok deal, but had to go through the entire bike as it was the worst maintained bike I have ever seen! Even had anti freeze in the radiator in a bike he told me he raced the week before. I have not posted up about this for 11/2 years, so I am not out to badmouth anyone, but a blown motor would suck! I hope Gunnary SGT Vest & family are doing well.

Mark

8. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

The port needs to be smaller, not larger. The restriction is in the center section that all the (what did edwho call them? Billy Backyard?) irresponsible devil worshipping tuners without millions and millions of club race wins remove. You can put a brass jet in the block to keep the pressure up, but I am entering dangerous territory, so I will stop now.

9. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

whats the differance between running a thinner gasket and decking the head

10. Tim Radley

Tim Radley Well-Known Member

No shit. Since i posted, my phone has gone off several times and nobody was there. Also the lights have flickered many times, the dog is spooked and i can hear noises upstairs. I've told Carol Anne to stay away from the tv set. Damian from next door was looking at me funny earlier. Really frightened here .....

11. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

Rick,
    Seriously, have you actually seen the head start I have.You may have a slim chance,Excuse the pun,If we cut you off at the knee's.With your hieght I figure you better triple your daily intake of pizza and ice cream and do nothing for 12-18 hours a day till race day!:Puke:

12. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I would never, ever presume I could compete with you FC. I'm going the other direction.

:crackup:

13. tcannon521

tcannon521 Well-Known Member

Your R6 numbers sound awesome!! Hey would you care to tell me what kind of HP your getting out of your liter bikes? We had a discussion about this at work a couple weeks ago. I think I remember Buckmaster saying once out of his Formula Extreme R1 (4 years ago now) it was making 200+ RWP. What are you seeing Ed?

14. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

Im guessing Bucky's R1 FX bike made 195-200rwhp, not hard to see.....we have one of the ex Graves R1/R7 bikes here actually.(just chassis) the motor is one i built for a guy few years back that owns the chassis and we are putting his engine i built him few years ago into it, Its a 2000 R1 with 191rwhp. It is 100% street able,(well not for me, damn thing wheelies in 4th at 125mph..silly, but owner is british so he has no fear) he rode for over 4,000 miles on LLA streets and trackdays at WSMC. yes, the engine was $$$$$$$$$ (Think $10k), but he didnt care. oh, and its WAY more than 1000cc :)

Heres pic of his crank and rods (and some rare shots we took of our engine room just for fun http://www.sportbikes.ws/showthread.php?t=113370 )

Most liter bikes? ok...just a few built 1000's, all with just the middle layer removed..lol

-07 CBR1000RR MILD superbike 186rwhp
    -08 GSXR1000 SS 187rwhp
    -08ZX10R SS 189rwhp
    -Zuma 125 8rwhp

LOL...

actually just for STOCK we see GSXR1000's making 161-164rwhp, CBR1000RR with BPD zbomb (to be fair) 160-163rwhp, 08 R1's about 155-158rwhp, etc, etc. Nowadays it silly how well they make power. I recall our first GSXR1100 we built in 1993 and i thought it was fast (it was the fastest street bike in the NW back then) and it was "only" 171rwhp...lol thats sad nowadays...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Ed who called Rodney a DB-douche bag and a yak off-jack off but is saying Rodney has attitude! ? WTF! then ed post about how great his engine builds are and championships won, i wouldn`t let Eric Dorn or EDR Performance touch my stuff due to his attitude. Look at his past post and see the "look at me attitude" he has, not to mention every post you make in any section, you are promoting your shop. THANK GOD FOR THE IGNORE FEATURE!! Ed who? is now there!

16. davetlr

davetlr Well-Known Member

LMFAO!!! You picked up on the "tone" too!!!!

17. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Glad i'm not the only one:beer:

18. Rodney Vest #310

Rodney Vest #310 Well-Known Member

What bike did I sell you and why did you buy if the frame was cracked ? I could understand if the forks where bent and I could not tell but a cracked frame.:confused: If it was in the winter time it would have antifreeze in it becasue it gets cold here at nights. I have bikes in the guarge right sitting the same way. If it was a misunderstanding I am sorry but you should have called me. By the way the family is doing great.:up:

19. Rodney Vest #310

Rodney Vest #310 Well-Known Member

How about This tone. "Fuck You ED WHO" You are the one that thanks your shit don't stink and came on here bashing people. I am sure you can build an engine just like many other people on this board but you don't have to act like a cry baby when someone questions your reply to there post. So since you have all these engines to build and championship to win. I will let you get back to improving your resume. Have a nice day. Rodney Vest #310:up:

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Anyone got links of those youtube engine builds?