1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grab your popcorn (Freddie Spencer post)

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Oct 23, 2008.

1. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Ya that was pretty lame IMO and easily able to be seen for what it is... a plug for CSBS and not a very classy one at that.

They are/wre totally different programs.. one traveling and one static with entirely different teaching methods. They both have (had) very good things to offer IMO.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  2. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Ain't that the truth.

3. Stillie

Stillie Off that like Jay-Z

It's a reference from a movie that you are probably far too educated to have seen. :up:

4. Czolgosz

Czolgosz Banned

I don't believe KC was plugging his school, I'm sure people were bugging him to comment about Freddie's trouble so he obliged. After reading Keith's email a couple times now it appears rather neutral.

Bummer about Freddie's school, was looking to sign up just the other day (glad I didn't!).

5. got40

got40 On hiatus...

^^+1

agreed.

6. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Brainwashed much? :crackup:

7. Stillie

Stillie Off that like Jay-Z

His Thetans could beat up your Thetans.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He sent an e-mail to RRW. How was that someone bugging him for his opinion? I'm not bashing Code, but the appearance is that he volunteered his opinion, not that it was requested.

9. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

Code's school 'won' by Freddie having a DNF... still, nobody likes a bad winner...

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:D

11. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Like it or not Keith Code is like the Godfather of riding schools, he figured out an organized way to teach what we do, and methods of how to figure it out, back in the early 1970s when nobody else had. And he was a racing contemporary of Freddie's, so if he wants to comment on Freddie's school crashing and burning, he gets to.

12. Czolgosz

Czolgosz Banned

From drinking too much KC-Koolaid? Or maybe from Scientology?

Neither. [​IMG]

edit: Oh, I see the problem. "Condolences for Freddie. Hooray for Me!!! -Keith Code", is the title of the link provided in this thread, and contrary to the contents of KC's email.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  13. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

John I dont think anyone is questioning his methods or what he has done for the sport. The timing is just shady. Its not even a half day after the story broke and the statement was issued. Hey its an opinion.. take it for what its worth but it just is not kosher in my book.

14. John29

Actually, I thought about that when it came in, but figured, hey, he's a school pioneer so if he wants to comment, he can comment and people can reach their own conclusions. Not sure I would have taken the same approach, but it's a free country.

15. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

My ex will be with her helping bring the heat. ;)

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Does that cost extra?

17. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

sounds good to me :up:

18. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

yeah so ya print it and let the chips fall where they may...:up:

btw i could give a rats ass about freddy as long as he owes out. once he settles up then i might wish him well, otherwise he's just low...you dont take other peoples money and time, and then just walk away. hopefully this will work out for those that have been taken advantage of, after that- hopefully it will work out for freddy...thats only way he can regain respect in my book (not that my book counts for .01c, lol)

19. Czolgosz

Czolgosz Banned

True, he may simply have volunteered his opinion as well. The email appears pretty neutral, however. And thus not extremely relevant...unless there's some sort of gag order preventing competing business owners from commenting (positive or negatively) publicly on the closure of another person's business.

HellifIknow. [​IMG]

20. John29

Nobody requested it. It came in unsolicited.