1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grab your popcorn (Freddie Spencer post)

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Oct 23, 2008.

1. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

F'in classy!

2. RumbleStrip

RumbleStrip Well-Known Member

Next question, what does this mean for the SPEED broadcast booth in 09

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

4. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

I was waiting for someone to say something about the really shady opertunisitc dick way he put that email out.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It was part of Freddie's first audit.

6. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

I don't know a damn thing about Freddie's situation other than what I read in RRW, so what follows is a general opinion.

In the real world, businesses start and fail for a variety of reasons. People think it's easy to make money in the racing business. In reality, unless you have something really unique to offer, and manage your resources well, it's not easy at all. That applies no matter the size of your operation.

The other observation is that many people hire their buddies to work for them. That rarely works out, because the lines between friendship and biz get blurred; and many times there's resentment when things don't work out.

It's imperative no matter what your financial situation, to properly plan for running a business. That includes a business plan, budget, tax planning, and having the advice of a good accountant. Those are basics and there are many more issues to deal with above and beyond just the financial stuff.

It can be very rewarding when things are going well. However, businesses have problems every day, and you need to be prepared to deal with that in a professional manner. If you don't, you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It's a shame to see one of the racing icons fall into disarray, but sadly, not that rare.

7. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

8. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

Hasn't gas become cheaper?

:rolleyes:

Anyway - this happens when debt is your only working capital, beginning of the end.

9. Stillie

Stillie Off that like Jay-Z

They aren't hookers they are "massage therapists".

10. backbone

backbone scarred for life

WOW!!! A bigger DICK named Keith than me.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

12. styles

styles The untrained eye

Because the guy obviously has some personal issues that he needs help with. Sucks for anyone from Freddie himself to the people affected by his problems.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

my opinion is that it's really none of my buisness other than hoping it gets cleared up and fast.

Drugs, booze, divorce, whatever, ain't my concern.

15. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

No because after spending about 40mins talking to Keith one and one I like the dude. He's different...but a cool cat.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I've met him and taken a couple schools and he is nice but decidedly different. The post makes him come off as somewhat opportunistic.

17. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

Exactly.. he can be the nicest dude in the world but his post was ill timed at best.

18. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

:stupid:

It does suck though that I have a friend that's out even more money than the guy who wrote the original letter to RRW because he had already paid for the 3-day Pro school in December as well as air fare. Hopefully he'll see at least some of that money back some day. :(

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

My wife, a Registered Masage Therapist, would love to discuss that with you...

20. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

:stupid:

In situations like this people's reactions always say much more about themselves than the person who they are criticizing.