USGP at Indy...(spoiler)

Discussion in 'General' started by raceday, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That slide was fantastic. I know it lost him time but still - dayum! He is riding great this weekend.

2. SalKhan

SalKhan Well-Known Member

3. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

are you the one the threw up all over the r1? man, did it ever smell like a pile of shit over by the yamaha tent. Yes, it really did smell like vomit! but the bike was THE SHIT!!

4. SalKhan

I wanted to after I saw it from the side and the back.

Then oddly enough, after they started it, the nausea went away and I wanted to buy one.

Best in show went to the KTM RC8 - specifially the "R" version they had there with the Akra exhaust and Akra (yes it was Akrapovic branded) Carbon Fiber body work. The bike looks so lovely in person but the neatest thing about it was how adjustable it is. Footpegs, seat height, ride height, handlebars... All very cool for OEM stuff. But the big let down was that for 19k, it doesn't have a slipper clutch. Sneaky Dutch.

Sitting on it was nice, except the tank slider dug into my bicep a bit. But damn the thing is narrow. And apparently if you had gear, they were taking out groups for test rides. Very slick.

5. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

damm, I wish I had heard the thing run. bey it was bad ass. but the smell, I cant believe they did not send someone to wal mart for some evergreen trees to hand on the bars. IT SMELLED LIKE VOMIT!!

6. SalKhan

With all the beer-laden idiots I saw, it wouldn't surprise me if someone did. The fact that it's been beyond soggy and there were no tarps laid down at Yamaha, I'm sure no one bothered with it... if said vomit existed. :D :)

The R1 sounded normal at idle and the first few quick turns of the throttle, but after it got into the higher RPMs, it was absolutely awesome. I haven't heard many high revving street V4 (the Aprilia videos being the most recent) but it had a vague similarity.

But ya know what? If I was Yamaha's marketing department: I would've raided their A/V division for some high-end audio equipment, recorded the new R1 at full tilt on a Dyno or something similar, then have it available to play at the tent. Like a demo sound station. They obviously can't sit there and bounce a 0 Mile bike off the redline, but a quick start up and 2 blips every 2 hours or so is stupid. Especially since it's obvious the sound of the thing is a going to be a marketing and advertising .... "gimmick"? "Ploy"? "Tactic"? Not sure how to word it. :D :)

7. danch

danch Well-Known Member

What'd he have to do with it?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  8. SalKhan

HAHAH! My mistake! I was actually watching The Shield last night while posting.

Meant sneaky Austrians.

9. raceday

raceday Team-TRS.com

ace Day, Sunday, Sept. 14, and track activity begins at 8:40 a.m. with the 125cc class warm-up session, followed by the 250cc and MotoGP class warm-up sessions at 9:10 and 9:40 a.m., respectively.

The first race of the day is the 16-lap Red Bull Riders Cup race at 10:25 a.m., followed by the 125cc class race at noon and the 250cc riders at 1:15 p.m.

The grid presentation for the inaugural Red Bull Indianapolis GP begins at 2:15 p.m. and the 28-lap MotoGP race gets underway at 3 p.m. The race will be broadcast live on NBC.

10. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Rain forecasted for an Indy event?

Something like that has NEVER happened in the annals of motorcycle roadracing. :rolleyes:

At least the chances of it snowing there are slim..... :D

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Could be a day of the dreaded bike switch. Everyone slaps on rain tires and 5 laps later the rain stops. Could be interesting.

I watched qualifying last night. Nicky was in God Mode. He was raping the sh%t outta that Honda in qualifying just smoking the rear. Completely crossed up in a couple corners. Despite that he was still laying down impressive times.

Elias looks strong again.

1. Rossi
    2. Elias
    3. Lorenzo

I'm putting Hayden 5th just because there is no way his tire will hold up unless they make a huge change today. He will run in the front but grip will become a major issue at the end. Spies 12th at best.

12. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

Crap. Stoner was half a second a lap faster then everyone else in WUP.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Are we ready?

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Vermeulen, West, Spies.

No need to watch, you already have the results. :D

15. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Go Nicky! Go Michelin! :D Go Ben!

16. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Not even close, don't think. :D
    Spies is doing great, love seeing him past Pedrosabot.
    And Hayden, damn I'd love to see this cap everything with him going to Duc. Leave after winning on the Honda again. Would be sweet. He's riding great.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nicky is riding on genuine Honda hate. I didn't count on that in my pre-race analysis. :D

18. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

:clap::clap::clap::beer::beer::beer:

19. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Abso-friggin-lutely!

20. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

And Rossi is a man on a mission!