1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MM's win pending crank inspection

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BC, Aug 17, 2008.

1. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

According to their rule book you have level 1 performance enhancing then you have a level 2 using a non homologated part. Now one can argue that if you polish a crank like someone did this year you are knowingly cheating. But if you recieve a part from the factory and think it is homologated to find out its not is that really cheating?

2. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Note the wording "sole discretion".

"A3.1 Equipment offenses are divided into two types. AMA Racing
    determines, at its sole discretion, into which category the offense falls:"

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Are you assuming they (Yosh) didn't know the part was illegal? Because if you are, you would be wrong. And I am not speculating.

4. gixxerreese

Why do you work for yosh we are all speculating.

5. Knarf Legna

That's just too darn funny. LMAO. :crackup:

6. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

you REALLY don't know the waters you're now swimming in.

taking on Papa will hurt...trying to out 'detail' Frank will get you committed.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm on Yosh's side and I know that Yosh has seen enough to judge pure stock from something else.

Honest question. Is it possible that they took partially finished stock cranks and did the final work in house?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm making it all up. You got me.

9. gixxerreese

Put the whole thing down sure its their sole discretion but when a so clearly written you would have to be dyslexic to focus on the homologated stuff and not come out and say they had a kit crank built for endurance which could enhance the durability of the crank.
    A3.1 Equipment offenses are divided into two types. AMA Racing
    determines, at its sole discretion, into which category the offense falls:
    a. Category 1 - An equipment violation that could potentially or
    effectively enhance the performance of a motorcycle used in
    competition.
    b. Category 2 - All other equipment violations.

10. gixxerreese

I knew you would come to the dark side luke:)

11. Cuddles de Sade

...here we go...Frank, take it away :D

:Pop:

12. Knarf Legna

And you'd have to be an idtio to continue arguing that they are not within their rights to make any particular decision when the rulebook clearly specifies "at its sole discretion". ;)

13. gixxerreese

I know what waters I'm in I am not insulting anyone I dont go for the stinky poo poo face tactic hes not going to ban me just cause he doesnt agree with me right.....right...rightoh no is anyone there

14. Cuddles de Sade

if you think he'd ban you, you're even more out of touch than I thought.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yeah, but he will ban you.:D

16. gixxerreese

I am a idtio from moronicville I am not arguing that they have the right or not I am arguing that if they were right to do that everyone knows DMG will always use the sole discretion factor why do you think they are hated so

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They are not universally hated. Even some supporters agree that it could have been handled better.

Personally, I don't hate either party. I AM pissed at both sides for screwing up racing in the US for the foreseeable future.

18. gixxerreese

Sorry thought you meant hed ban by saying it would hurt. And as for Frank I know but its fun for especially with Frank he can make you eat your own words right off the screen. But i will never give in I am right they should have penalized them and thats it.

19. Knarf Legna

One decision and you've jumped to the conclusion that all appeals will be handled in the same manner going forward. Wow. Great reasoning.

20. gixxerreese

No the decision of changing ama without caring about what tracks, people who pay to go watch, racers, anyone in the world have to say. Its there way or the highway. Thats fine I just wouldnt use that approach but that may be why Roger has more money then me also.