1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMFG!

Discussion in 'General' started by Buckwild, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Strick

Strick Good to be king

You do know there is a wall there right?

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

DUH... All we have to do is take some crayon and color it out... Genius.... :D

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

i colored that before i new there was a wall there.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Chad just made pit lane 24" wide at some points :)

5. Strick

Strick Good to be king

So if we paint run-off on the turn 12 wall we can run it the old way? SWEET!!!:D

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

hey, a proper race line is only several inches wide sometimes. this is good practice for precision. :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bugs Bunny and the Roadrunner would be so proud :D

8. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

We just need an Acme Portable Hole safety wired to the front of every bike and we'll be in business...

9. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Hey Mongo, lemme get a definate on this so I will not explore it as a possibility.
    • The new config is to satisfy the AMA pro guys, not for or at the request of WERA (I think?)
    • The AMA guys would have never bought off on the new plan at T12 if they had to use the main paddock and new pit-in
    • IMO the danger to us (WERA racers) dealing with the new 12 and pit-in combo is worse than running the old 12
    • Can we (WERA) not use the old T12 as we can't support our numbers with the pro paddock (which eliminates most of the danger of the new 12)?
    Of course I have none of the inside info available to you, but I at least wanted inquire as to the possibility of using the old T12.

I too would hope all venues are as safe as possible. But when safety changes totally neuter what was once a thrilling racetrack, I have to weigh if the remaining risks inherent in all racing are worth it when the pure thrill of the racetrack has been diminished to the degree that we are seeing in Braselton. The loss of the esses is almost as if a great work of art had been slashed and rendered worthless.
    And yes, if these changes are mandatory for all orgs, we as individual racers will have to make the decision to run Rd Atl or not.

Whew, time for a Sam!

mmfoor

10. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

It really may not be that bad. People always said that if T12 was too dangerous then you should slow it down there. Racers can't be counted on to slow themselves down so the new config. does it for them. Nobody knows nuthin till sombody turns an angry wheel. Give it a chance.

11. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

That being said I think stop and go penalties would be a bad bad bad idea now so don't jump the start.

12. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

that new config looks alot like the hairpin at grattan when running backwards.

spooky.

i WAS really looking forward to riding that track later this summer....

13. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

I don't know about races, but at a trackday thats gonna be a collection plate of stupid....

14. Bob E.

Bob E. _________________________

This is the concept drawing on top of a Google Earth screenshot:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  15. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Putnam Park and CMP come to mind.

16. Chip

Chip Registered

Again....would this have cost that much more money?

Attached Files:

• ra2.jpg
      ra2.jpg
      File size:
      148.3 KB
      Views:
  17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Jesus, that is some wide shit although that would be a better setup but the way they have it is already very wide. I doubt it's going to be as bad as people are thinking just based on the photos. That is a wide section of track as it is.

The old turn 12 will be missed.

We could just put the turn signals back on like I suggested. :D

18. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Nah, moving walls is free.:p

19. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

I don't know why everyone's got their panties in a wad. There are measures in place to control the flow of traffic once everything is completed.

Attached Files:

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

LMAO Damn New England bastard got involved and put a cop and a rotary in. :D