1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMFG!

Discussion in 'General' started by Buckwild, Mar 25, 2008.

1. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

how does one slam on breaks?:confused:

2. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

Can somebody explain this layout to me?

did I get this right? It looks like the portion going to the track is super thin and the part going to the pits is track width. :confused:

Also, it's going to be a killer braking zone, where is the gravel trap?

P.S. - excuse my mad paint skills

Attached Files:

3. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

well knowing me....
    I think ill just blast thru the widest part....pitt row!!!
    watch out now! lol

It's what ever...ill just learn how to get some good dragg skills going down the straights....
    that up hill momentum will be sick!
    I can't wait...

4. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

i dont know if this helps or not. i hope so.

p.s. i took the liberty of embellishing your picture. i hope you dont mind.:eek:

[​IMG]

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Run it CCW.:D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Where the dirt is in the labeled pic will become gravel trap.

I realize it looks skinny - but do you guys have any idea just how wide the track is coming down the hill? Now think about how wide say Talladega is. Why pit lane is that wide I have no idea but it won't hurt anything.

7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

The future gravel pit may be a good location for the start of a conveyor belt back to the pits.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hold the fuck up! You guys kidding me? They are not going to be racing where the Corvette is? They will be going down to that intersection and making the sharp right into the driveway? Holy shit! I had been watching this picture since the first time it was posted wondering how the hell it was different from before.

Thanks, James.

9. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Walker, you're killin me over here. :D

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Took me awhile to realize it too.

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Will bikes have to have a right turn signal to pass tech now? :D

12. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Will be kind of fun to start at about 30mph and cruise up thru the gear box down the front straight. Kinda like a race start/drag race every lap...
    :rolleyes go here:

13. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

:crackup:

I love the changes! :beer:

14. Denver333

Denver333 Member

So now if your pitting you help slow someone down who blows the turn?

15. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

i had one more...just a suggestion

[​IMG]

16. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

what a nightmare that config is going to be for track days. How do you pit in without screwing up the guy behind you who is staying wide to get the best drive onto the front straight.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You stay on the same line as if you're going for the turn, you brake just as hard or a little less than someone going for the turn, but you don't turn in and they do. Shouldn't be too big an issue but it's something I'll be looking at when I go back out there. Along with any other potential issues or things you guys will need to think about before we race there in June.

18. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

i guess you'd be able to carry more speed past the corner into the pits? since you'd have more room to slow down after that corner

19. bp@RiderSurance.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

What if i am pitting out and i decide to do a wheel stand down the hill and cant see somebody going into the turn

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

And that'll be great until someone turns in for the corner and the guy inside comes to the conclussion he didn't brake soon or hard enough and washes both of bikes and riders into the gravel trap.

But alas I guess the same thing could happen in turn seven except there is no pit lane on the outside of that one.

It should definitely be required that the rider exiting gets his hand up at the exit of 10b well before he disappears over the hill.