1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texport Leather suck

Discussion in 'General' started by ducsrule, Jun 6, 2002.

1. ducsrule

ducsrule New Member

I purchased some leathers and the zipper broke this weekend. They were less than 6 months old. I called the "Exclusive importer", Skorpian Racing, and the last words from his mouth was Go F%&K myself. He refused to repair them. I would not recommend buying anything from
    this company.

2. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

The leathers dont suck just the impoter and the zipper...
    I crashed in them and there great!

3. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

The manufacturer is responsible for warranty repairs not the importer. Just like a car. So many people get pissed at the dealership when warranty repairs are declined. The manufacturer warranties repairs, not the dealer. I'd contact Texport directly.

4. ducsrule

ducsrule New Member

I asked Skorpian about sending to Texport and they told me that they would not fix them and that they have no warranty to repair them no matter the age or circumatance. I don't know any company that has this policy. Even electronics have a 90 day parts, 1 year labor warranty. I have however sent them an email explaining the problem. We'll see!

5. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I am sorry to hear about your problem with SkorpionRacing. I purchased a set of Imola leathers last year and I am extremely satisfied with my purchase. The guys at the shop were really helpful too.......I even put their sticker on my bike and listed them as a sponsor last year I was so impressed with their customer service and racer discount.

My brother replaced his calf zipper on his older leathers last year at a shoe repair store........I think for under $20. If not try barnacle bill. Good luck.........we used a duck tape type zipper for one race weekend until we could find a repair shop!

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

go F&^K yourself!!:D

7. bilet69

bilet69 Well-Known Member

i hardly believe that greg paulson would talk to ya like that,but i wasnt on the phone maybe it was tyler but i havent talkked to him??? i tried to purchase a set from them and didnt get them and he has had my 1/2 payment for months and he has been great greg even asked if i wanted my money back cause they wont be here for awhile till laguna no questions asked.

i have asked them about there repair services many times and he said he has a guy to repair their leathers for a very cheap price, with even the same colors and eveything. so im thinking you must have said something to them??????

i just bought a new spidi and i love it. plus skorpian still has my deposit on another set that wont be here till july. just because they seemed real good to me.

8. C.Joy

C.Joy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I do know that Barnacle Bills has great customer service. I had them put some velcro on some pants i have and they were real nice, pretty reasonable too.

9. JoeTassone

JoeTassone The Dude abides...

IIRC (and it's entirely possible I'm not as it's been a few yrs. since I bought my Texports), there was a note on the tag that said there was NO warranty. Check with the purchase info that you have, because mine is long gone.

Now on to an answer that will actually help you. Try to find a leather or shoe repair shop in the area. I had just had my Texports repaired by a little old Italian man for 5 bones. There was a slight tear on the the shoulder where the seams were torn out and he sewed the seam and put a patch over it. I'm guessing it'll cost you $10-$20 at most if you find the right place.

Joe

Last edited: Jun 6, 2002
  10. Litespeed

Litespeed Rocket Scientist

I'm kinda confused. Did he say "Go f' Myself" or did he in reality say "Go f' Yourself"? The first one would be considered bad English and I would never purchase a product from them. If they used the second one, there English is good and I would consider buying from them As far as everything having a warranty.... try buying a motocross bike with one. They generally don't even guarantee it will start the first time.

11. bilet69

bilet69 Well-Known Member

you are so very true!! lol

12. DaLions

DaLions Shot Calla

erm, yeah........Texport is well-known in the UK, I'd trust their stuff over most Joe Rocket or MotoGP poseur kit....

13. BC

BC Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: Puff Puff Pass...............Er.....5 year old thread :Poke:

14. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

How do people not realize they are posting to a 5 year old thread? I mean you would have had to do a search to get a thread this old to show up.

15. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

He apparently had something to add to the topic.

Why do people think that just because a thread is years old it is verboden to post to it? :p

Look at the "Hamburger or Cheeseburger" thread...

16. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

yeah but that thread is added to like every week...it's not DEAD to the world.