Riders down at BeaveRun

Discussion in 'General' started by jeffrop, Jun 3, 2007.

1. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

I just made a note to myself, if I ran off coming down the hill (t6)....make sure to target fixate on of the sparatic hay bails in hopes of actually hitting one.

2. Kuala76

Kuala76 MARRC President 2013

3. Kuala76

Kuala76 MARRC President 2013

You were a BEAST with that crash truck out there, quite the hussle :):)!!! :beer:

~Kumi
    MARRC Corner Worker

4. Matthias Schaub

Matthias Schaub Spiegler guy

Reuben and I visited Dan last night in the hospital in Pittsburg. Dan is doing okay. He was complaining that the doctor who put the tube into his lung took quite a while and needed several attemps to do this. Otherwise he is already the old Dan again "How is my bike? Which spare parts do I need? Where is the next race?" We could barely stop him from talking. Of course he was pumped up from all the drugs.
    Dan says thank you to everybody who helped loading up his stuff and taking care of things. His wife, mom and mother in law where also in the hospital.
    Reuben's expirience in regards of injuries was quite helpful to explain to Dan more details about his recovery...:D
    Attached a picture from Dan taken with my cell.

Attached Files:

5. JeF4y

JeF4y Sweet Tea & Grits!

Get well soon guys. Let us know if you need anything!

6. ruggerR1

ruggerR1 Well-Known Member

Great to see Dan will be okay and is in good spirits! It was a bad day for our pit area. First Dan who was pitted across from us, then Robert and Larry who were in our group. Not often you have to pick up two track mates from the hospital at the same time. I hope it's the last time. Speedie recovery for everyone!

7. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

Thats our Dan !!!!!!! :up:

8. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

maybe Dan can buy me new front forks and every other part i need for my bike............:mad:

9. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

actually a simple apology when he gets better would be even nicer.........

10. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I don't suppose anyone got pics of the incident in turn 10 in the LW Solo? (Purple 471 and Yellow/Red/Black 505)

11. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

How are you feeling today, Doh-boy?

12. Lawn Dart

A helluva lot better than yesterday... My head's still ringin' and my shoulder's a bit sore, but I'll live to crash another day...

Our ride home was an adventure. Amy drove the Funmover in the downpour while I sat in the back, puking and babbling the whole way home... That's real love, I tell ya... Any woman that will still let you sleep in the same bed with them after that is a keeper... :D

13. Scott McKee

Scott McKee FZR crasher

Hope he didn't need to use the bucket too much on the way home!:Puke:Also hope the Missus made out OK driving the motorhome in the rain. That was definately an interesting bruise on the head. Hope your feeling better today.

14. Lawn Dart

I'll put it this way... A quick count of the mileposts would tell me how many times I had thrown up... :Puke:

15. Lawn Dart

Jim Sublet gave me his "you should consider a better helmet" speech before I left. :D

I said, "Yes sir, I'll think about it... I need a new one anyway..."

16. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

Glad to hear you guys made it home safe Chris. Get that shoulder better so we can have some fun at Summit!

17. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

Im 110 % sure Dan will be asking us how to get ahold of you and to tell you that he is sorry for his "Fuck-up" .

18. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

NO

MORE

CARNAGE!

Everyone heal up fast.

19. lfg929

lfg929 Well-Known Member

Hey all. I haven't seen the ortho yet but injuries include a left broken metacarpel bone, a couple of cracks in my left tibia, a sprained left ankle, and a bruised (or torn) muscle in my lower back (right side). I haven't seen the bike yet but it is supposedly in pretty good shape.

I talked to Robert today and he is pretty sore. They put a tube in his leg to drain the fluid. He removed it today as he was inormed to do. He said about a half inch was showing initially, but when extracted it was actuall about 12 inches long. :Puke:

I am glad to hear Dan is doing ok.

Thanks to everyone for their concern, assistance (you too Limy1) and calls. Dunno about racing but I hope to be back out riding on the track in 6 to 8 weeks.

Ok, I am off to rest. The Percs are kicking in...

20. Lawn Dart

After this weekend, I'm done with your idea of fun, Mister! :D

J/k - Dude, I felt so bad when I finally remembered that there were two of us in that crash. Glad you were able to continue your weekend. I'll definitely be at Summit, whether I'm racing or not. See you this weekend.